Chapter 18 - Boys

I explained to Seth what Dean had told me before I left, a feeling of guilt weighing me down trying to prevent me from leaving the room. I hope he doesn't think I've just left him for Roman. It's not like that at all. I'm just needed for help and that's why I'm going.

"I'll speak to you after training, I promise." I said to Seth as I ran out of the door, my phone clutched to my ear calling Dean.

"Where are you?" Dean asked, without a greeting. This was becoming something I heard too much.

"Just coming out of the main entrance. Where the hell are you guys?" I could hear a ruckus behind him but tried to pay it no attention, hoping it wasn't Roman.

"At the gym. Head round the back and I'll let you in." I shut off the call, shoved my phone in my pocket and ran round the back. My heart was pumping rapidly and all I could think about was Roman. I hope he is ok. Please don't say there is anything too badly wrong with him! I heard the back door swing open, the horrible sound of an unlubricated hinge cutting through me like nails on a chalkboard. I saw the slightly scared look in Dean's eyes and knew this wasn't going to be an easy task. I was a tiny mouse compared to the lion that was Roman Reigns. I made my way into the gym and shut the door behind me, instantly noticing Roman on the weight machines pushing himself too hard.

"What happened?" I questioned Dean, knowing they were all fine when we departed from the car park earlier.

"I don't know. I went to see Paige and the next thing I knew Cesaro told me Roman was furious, arguing with Ryback over the machine he was using, nearly getting into a fight and then just sticking his music in and working out." This didn't sound like Roman. He was the one who stuck with me as I walked through a crowd because he knew I was scared of meeting Leighla. Now he's getting into fights with colleagues?

"Who's Ryback?" I quickly questioned as I watched Roman lifting weights that were far too heavy for him, I could see his body straining to contain the weight. This wasn't good for him.

"That guy over there." He nodded over to a bald wrestler with muscles that would rival Arnold Schwarzenegger in his body building days. I wouldn't want to bump into him in fear he'd rip me apart but Roman wanted to fight him? I walked over to this guy, furiously lifting dumbbells in the corner and grabbed his attention.

"Excuse me?" I said meekly, scared he could just pick me up and throw me out of the room if I said anything wrong.

"What?" He stopped lifting the dumbbells and dropped them by his feet, pulling an earphone out to listen to me.

"Hi. It's Ryback right?" I said, still mightily scared of him. He nodded in response. "I'm Lucy. I've just come up from-"

"Yeah. I saw your bit with Paige. Pretty good." He said, obviously a man of very few words. "What's up?" His body wasn't as tensed and he seemed calmer, therefore making me feel a little more comfortable around him.

"Umm..." I hesitated, knowing mentioning Roman would anger him. "I just came to talk to you about Roman? I've been told something is up with him and I want to sort it out." His body tensed a little but he exhaled heavily and took a seat just next to where we were standing. I quickly followed his lead.

"Good luck trying to sort that out." He said, nodding over to Roman when he said 'that'. He pulled his leather workout gloves off as he spoke. "I was just on that machine minding my own business and he came over and practically pulled the weight from me, telling me I needed to get off the machine or he was going to pull me off. When I confronted him, he got right up in my face wanting a fight, so I just walked over here and left him too it." My brain couldn't work this story out. How could he be like that to Ryback? What has upset him so much that he was taking it out on everyone else? He went to make his phone call and he... The phone call!! I quickly thanked Ryback and ran over to Roman, who was still straining his body under the weight of this workout.

"Roman." I stood in front of him, hiding the fear that was taking over my body. He could just as easily flip out on me. Be prepared, Lucy. Roman ignored me and continued his workout. I grabbed the wire to his earphones and yanked them off his head. "Roman!" I shouted. Dean looked over to me and ran over, making sure I was ok. Roman looked over to me and then carried on working out. "I know what this is about, Roman. Let's talk about this."

"There's nothing to talk about!" He spat as he dropped the weights down and stood up, mere inches from me. Dean instinctively stepped in front of me and put his arms out to protect me.

"Roman, whatever it is can be worked out if you just give us a chance!" Dean tried to help, but I knew this was a problem for me and me only.

"Roman, it was that phone call wasn't it?" I asked, hiding behind Dean. Roman's body tensed and he gritted his teeth together.

"It has NOTHING to do with you!" Roman shoved Dean, who fell into me and we both went tumbling to the ground, narrowly missing hitting our heads on a rack of weights. Dean crawled over to me, his eyes filled with fear.

"Lucy! Please say you're ok?"

"I feel fine. It's just my-"  I put my hand up to the same eyebrow that had caused most of these problems and I felt a dampness on my fingertips.

"Let's get you to the medic." Dean helped me to stand up and walked me out of the room.

"I'm fine, Dean. I need to check on Roman." I said, shooing Dean's hands from me. "Just tell the medics I'll be there in a few minutes."

"You need to see them now!" Dean said, trying to force me in the direction of the medic's room but this time I pushed him away.

"Dean if he could do this to us, think of what he can do to others. I need to talk to him." Dean nodded reluctantly and let me run off down the hallway. I called Roman's name and asked anyone I went past if they had seen him, but so far I wasn't in luck.

"Roman! Wait!" I heard a man shout further down the hallway. I ran towards them and saw Roman storming out of the arena and heading to where his car was parked. I ran out after him and slammed my hands on the car, making him jump and shoot a glare over to me.

"Roman, please let's just talk about this!" I shouted through the glass but he looked back down at the steering wheel and started the car. "Roman!" I said, hitting the car once more but this time he didn't even flinch. I only had one option left. I ran to the back of the car and stood there, meaning unless he wanted to hit me with his car he wouldn't be able to escape the car park. I saw the reverse lights come on as Roman put the car into gear and watched as he stood heavily on the gas pedal. This wasn't going to end well. 

Author's Note!

Ok, i'll keep it short because i know these can be annoying but i just wanted to say thank you again for reading this story, it has done so well considering it was my first WWE story! I just wanted to thank you all! 

I'm thinking of possibly writing the next chapter in someone else's POV (Dean, Roman or Seth) would you like it if i did? Just leave a comment if you'd like me to write in another POV or if you'd like me to just stay writing as Lucy!