Chapter 43 - Found Out

The car ride was awkwardly silent, so when the car finally pulled up to the club I’d never been happier. I jumped out of the car before anyone could open the door for me and I thanked the driver as I started walking towards the club. After telling the Security guard who we were, he let us in and we made our way to the back of the club where our table had been before. We greeted all the Superstars and Divas and ordered our first drinks. I sat on the end, Roman beside me on the left and then Seth, Dean and Paige after him.

“So…” Rosa took a sip of her drink. “I heard your match with Paige was trending worldwide on social media again!” Paige nodded happily.

“Well, what can we say? We’re too awesome.” She lifted her drink up to me across the table and I lifted mine up in reply.

“What did you think about Seth and Lucy’s storyline, Roman?” Cesaro asked carefully, already sensing he was annoyed.

“Mixed really. I hated the idea that they had to kiss and be so pally, but at the same time I was so proud of her getting such a huge storyline. The best part was definitely today’s one.” Roman smiled, putting his arm around me.

“Because you got to spear your girlfriend?” Sheamus laughed but Roman shot him a look that shut him up instantly. I looked around the table, taking sips from my drink to drown out the awkward silence at this side of our table and caught Seth’s eye. He nodded his head in the direction of the toilets and gestured that I go there now. I rolled my eyes. Why was I going along with this?

“I’m just going to the toilet.” I said to Roman, grabbing my clutch and walking across the dancefloor, weaving between the mass of drunken dancing bodies until I reached the hallway that had the men’s toilets on one side and the women’s toilets on the other. I quickly peeked in the door and saw the toilets were empty. Perfect opportunity if ever there was one. Seth quickly slipped through the doorway and I swung the door open to the women’s toilets, which he followed me into without question. We walked into the largest of the four toilets and locked the door behind us.

“Why are we even doing this?” I question Seth who just looked at me like I was stupid.

“I just want to make sure you’re okay.” He said, gesturing for me to turn around.

“And me saying ‘I’m fine’ doesn’t count?” I asked with attitude, but he didn’t reply. His hands traced the back of my dress as he gripped the zip in one hand and slowly pulled it down. After what felt like a lifetime, he was nearing the bruised area of my back and for some reason I began to get nervous. What if it is a lot worse than I thought? What if Seth used the fact he knew about it against Roman? The dress was finally unzipped to its fullest, the cold air surrounding me through every gap in this dress. Seth remained silent. The quiet air became tense and I daren’t speak until he’d spoken, just in case.

“Wow.” He breathed. “That’s quite a bruise.” I swallowed hard and took a deep breath in. I thought it was only small, it didn’t really hurt when I touched it. His fingers traced what I now believed to be the bruise and it seemed to cover the lower part of my back. I could feel his fingers trace down to the bottom of my spine, where my pants began and along to the sides of my waist.

“Is it really that big?” I said quietly.

“He must have put some force behind that.” Seth said, zipping my dress up quickly. I was kind of upset that he didn’t use this time to get more intimate, like he had at the hotel, but part of me was thankful for that. “I bet he was told that spear was for me and that’s why he did it so hard.” He mumbled, before storming out of the toilets like he had only one goal in mind.

“Seth!” I called after him, running out of the toilets and back onto the dancefloor. I saw him pushing through people, making a run for the table. Why did he think this was a good idea? This wasn’t going to get us anywhere but into more trouble. In this angered state he’d probably just mouth off and reveal the fact we’ve kissed each other a lot more than I’ve let on to Roman. I pushed past people on the dancefloor, rushing to catch up with him before he reached the table. Seth was just about to step off the dancefloor when I grabbed his arm and pulled him back towards me. With so many people around us and the music blaring, it was the perfect place to quickly talk to him before we headed back to the table.

“What are you doing?” Seth pulled his arm from me.

“Seth, please don’t do this! I’m begging you!” I did my best puppy dog eyes and gripped his hands in mine.

“Why?” Seth spat. “After everything he’s done, you think I can just keep pretending we are ok? He stole you from me, led you along, tried to keep us away from each other and then went in for the biggest spear I’ve seen him do because he definitely wanted to injure one of us! What do you want me to do, Lucy? Share a brotherly moment with him?” I could feel the anger radiating off him.

“Not here.” I shook my head. “You can be civil with him until we’re out of the public eye.” I put my hands on his chest, his eyes locking with mine. “Just do it for me.”

“Why am I even going along with this game? You should be mine, why should I sit here and watch him with his hands all over you? When we kissed the first time, we both felt something… You said it was just acting and that we’d forget about it but we didn’t, did we? Look where we are weeks down the line? Making out before Roman got to the room.” Guilt hit me like ton of bricks and I clutched at my chest. Seth was right, in so many ways, but I didn’t have the heart to break up with Roman after he’d gone through so many problems. I saw how broken he was when Mila cheated on him, how could I be like the monster I hated on? What was I meant to say to him? ‘Hey Roman, I know you only just got over Mila, but I’m cheating on you with Seth. It’s nothing against you, I just like him more.’ Yeah that sounded bloody brilliant.

“I-I can’t do that to him. His ex-girlfriend cheated on him and I helped him get through that only to become what she was… He’ll go crazy!” I pleaded.

“Oh let me get my violin.” Seth rolled his eyes.

“Seth please…”

“I’m not tiptoeing around him anymore. Either you’re going to tell him the truth or I will.” Before I had the chance to breathe a reply he was already off the dancefloor and feet away from Roman. I ran over to them both and stood in fear as Seth was already talking to Roman.

“What are you talking about?” Roman stood up, squaring up against Seth.

“I said your girlfriend has been lying to you.”