Chapter 5 - Twitter

The bell was rung three times and The Shield stood up, hugging each other in happiness after finally winning against The Wyatts. Their music came on as the referee raised their arms triumphantly but I knew something wasn’t right. I had that instinct again, the one that told me something needed my intervention and help – the same feeling that had held me back so many times before. I was happier to go with that feeling this time though – after all, these guys were WWE Superstars and befriending them could lead to so many things starting to go my way. I made my way backstage to where they would exit from and eagerly awaited them to come out all hyped up from their match – but they weren’t.

“What the hell are you guys playing at?” Roman roared at them. “You’ve got to be kidding me! Pushing each other in front of the crowd?”

“They thought we were messing about! It’s fine!” Seth justified.

“Ever since we saw…” Roman cut himself off as soon as he locked eyes with me. “Hey Lucy! You alright?” All three of them suddenly grew fake smiles as I walked up to them.

“Your match was great!” I didn’t want to pry just yet. I was dying to know what Roman was going to say but I couldn’t make it seem like I had been listening into their conversation. “How do you guys feel?”

“Tired!” Seth laughed.

“It was such an energetic match but you guys killed it! You should be proud, you make a great team!” I grinned. I started putting hints into what I said in the hope it’d change their minds about whatever it was. “I mean the way you two dived out of the ring onto Erick and Luke was amazing!” I said to Seth and Dean. “And then you doing that awesome superman punch to Bray to win it!” I turned to Roman.

“I guess you liked it then?” Dean laughed.

“Best match I’ve seen in a long time!” I continued, spoon-feeding them compliments.

“Yeah, I guess it was a pretty good match!” Roman smiled. “Anyway, I want to quickly get out of this stuff! Shall we all meet up in a minute?”

“Yeah, let’s say 20 minutes in the canteen, I’m hungry after all that!” Dean said with a smile. He glanced over to Seth who looked at him and then back to me.

“20 minutes sounds good to me!” Seth smiled. I headed straight for the canteen, noticing it was beginning to fill up and swiftly grabbed one of the last free tables. I got my phone out of my pocket and began to go through my twitter, looking at what the fans had to say about the matches and how they were excited to see some debuts. There was always a mix of feelings; some people admired one wrestler while others hated on them but that was how it was always going to be and as long as we focussed on the fans everything was fine. I scrolled down my mentions but stopped at one particular one.

“ @WWEDivaFan0123 @LucyWWE is it true Seth was with you when you got your injury sorted? ”

I stared at the question for a few minutes trying to get my head around how anyone could have known that. I was in my room, went through the backstage area that is staff only and into the medics room. How could anyone have seen us or found out?

“You alright, Lucy?” Roman’s face popped into my peripheral vision and I slowly looked up from my phone.

“Wow, have I been staring at my phone for 20 minutes?” I asked quizzically. Roman simply replied with a laugh.

“I got ready quickly and got bored of sitting in my room. What’s wrong? You were staring at your phone in such a confused way!” Roman glanced down at my phone. I sighed heavily and passed my phone over to him. He glanced back at my worried face before reading through and stopping at one notification in particular. His face dropped and he stared at it in the exact way I had done only minutes ago.

“How do they know that?” Roman voiced my thoughts.

“I wish I knew! I left my room and went straight to the medics room, I didn’t stop or talk or anything!” I racked my brain trying to think of any person I may have seen or conversation I had too loud, but nothing came to mind.

“We need to tell Seth, if his girlfriend has seen this there will trouble!” Roman stood up quickly and rushed out of the room, me trailing behind him. He went straight to Seth’s dressing room and knocked on the door but no one answered, instead we could hear a ruckus from behind the door.

Roman and I exchanged worried glances as he opened the door to Seth's dressing room and to our shock Seth and Dean were standing opposite each other with anger sprawled across their faces and their bodies tensed.

"What the hell is going on here?" Roman asked as he looked between Seth and Dean confusedly. Again, that sense of helping people filled me and I attempted to come out with something that'd make the situation better.

"Does whatever it is really need to be solved like that?" I asked cautiously. I obviously had no idea what it was that had caused them two to act like this but I still wanted to try and help.

"Yes." Dean answered harshly, offering an apologetic smile to me straight afterwards. "Sorry." He said in a lot calmer of a voice.

"What are you guys doing here anyway? Didn't we say we were meeting in like 10 more minutes?" Seth changed the subject subtly, looking at the clock.

"We were looking for you, Seth. Lucy found something on twitter." Roman looked at me as if to say 'I'm not explaining this for you'. Seth looked at me with raised eyebrows and I swallowed down the sick feeling I was getting. I know what his reaction will be; he'll go crazy and shout about his girlfriend.

"I-" I couldn't speak; words were not forming into sentences. Everyone's eyes were on me waiting to explain my findings. "I was going through my twitter and I had a notification..." I managed to say but the sick feeling caught me again. For some reason I felt guilt and anxiety like it was my fault this tweet had gone up.

"Yeah we all get notifications Lucy!" Seth said, showing signs of stress. "What about it?"

"One said is it true you went to the medic’s room with me." I finally spat out the words it'd taken so long to build up. I could see Seth's face drop and he stared at me for a few seconds. "After that, there were loads of notifications about it. Everyone's suggesting stuff..."

"Oh God!" Seth put his head in his hands. "Leighla is obviously going to see that and think something is going on!" He shook his head. "How does anyone know that happened? There was no one there!"

"That’s what I'm saying!" I vented. "I didn't tell anyone... I've not even seen anyone!" I looked around suspiciously.

"Well the only people that know are Roman and De-" Seth shot a glare at Dean. "Did you tell someone?" Seth roared at Dean. Dean took a couple of steps back and looked at him confused.

"What? Are you implying I had something to do with this?" Dean's hands clenched into fists. "What kind of person do you think I am?"

"Well I know for a fact Roman wouldn't have done it." Seth hissed.

"But what evidence do you have that he did?" I was quick to stick up for him. Speculation was only going to make their friendship break even further. “Anyone could have told someone!”

“She’s right.” Roman sided with me. “The medic could have said something, the caterer, the stagehand… Anyone who could have possibly looked round at any time! There’s nothing to say it was Dean.”

 “Whatever.” Seth huffed, folding his arms across his chest. “Either way, I’ve got a lot of explaining to do to my girlfriend when I next speak to her.”