Chapter 52 - Injury

"You're not focussed!" Nikki said to me as I crashed into the mat laid out in the ring. "We've got one day to perfect this. I need you to be giving me 110%." She rolled her eyes.

"She's not doing that badly, Nikki, come on." Brie said, offering me a hand to help me up. It wasn't that I wasn't trying, believe me I was, but since that fight my neck and back had been painful and stiff. Maybe Thomas was right, after all. Maybe this girl managed to ruin my chances of the title shot I deserved so much.

"I just need five minutes. Sorry guys." I slid out of the ring and left Frenzy with the twins as I walked down the corridor. I stopped as soon as I got to a place I knew they couldn't see me and touched the back of my neck. Pain shot down my back and I sucked in a sharp breath. The memories of Roman's spear came to the front of my mind as I thought about how much that hurt and how Seth had to check it to see just how big the bruise was. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and called his phone. Don't ask me why, but right then and there I thought it was a good idea. It wouldn't be anything he hadn't seen before, and he'd done it once before – plus he was actually there that day, meaning I wouldn't have to explain my situation to anyone else.

"Hey Lucy, what's up?"

"Seth, I need a favour." I said quietly. "Are you free?"

"Yeah, I was just chilling in the canteen, where do you need me to go?" He sounded a little worried, but doesn't anyone when you randomly call them and ask for favours?

"I'm at the developmental ring. I'm practicing with The Bellas and Frenzy." I paused. "Well, currently I'm hiding from them in the hallway."

"Alright, I'll be there in a second." He said and hung up the phone. This was becoming something I had to do all too often with people I was only just getting used to having around me again. Lucy, you seriously need to sort your life out. Every second that passed felt like a lifetime until I finally saw Seth's two toned hair from down the corridor and smiled thankfully. I nodded over to the corridor with the bathrooms in and we both quickly snuck into them.

"Thank you for coming." I smiled at him. "I really appreciate it, I know it's not something I should be doing at this time but I literally couldn't think of anyone else."

"Don't worry... We said we were all over what happened before. Now what's the big problem?" Seth said, looking around for anything that could give him a clue.

"You know that girl I had a fight with? Well she shoved me into the wall at one point during that fight and now I'm struggling to wrestle. I wondered if you could check for a bruise?" I knew this would be hitting a raw nerve with him. It was that amongst other things that made our affair a real thing. It was risky but I needed it checked and it needed to be done quickly.

"And you couldn't ask one of the girls because?" Seth said carefully.

"I don't want them to know I had a fight, or that I'm injured." I sighed. "This is my only title opportunity." Seth weighed up the pros and cons of helping me in his mind and quickly opened the door to the disabled toilet and ushered me into it.

"I can't believe I'm having to do this again." He said, his tone a mix of serious and humorous.

"I know. I'm sorry." He locked the door behind him and walked over to me. I took my sleeveless turtleneck off and revealed a gym crop top underneath.

"Jesus." Seth breathed, his breath making the hairs on my back stand on end and causing me to shiver. "That's a bad one."

"Is it?" I asked, trying to look behind me at it in the mirror. I hadn't even bothered to look at it these past few days because it hadn't caused me that much trouble – today however was a different story.

"You can't fight like that." Seth said honestly. "You need someone to see to that, check it out and make sure you haven't broken something." His cold fingers ran over the bruise and sent tingles of pleasure and of pain through my body.

"Nothing's broken Seth." I turned round to face him. "It can't be. I need to fight. Please don't tell anyone about this." I begged. I was pretty pathetic right now.

"Alright, I wont." He said, folding his arms over his chest. "But if it hurts too much you need to get someone to look at it... There's no point you leaving Smackdown or Royal Rumble in an ambulance."

"Thank you so much. You've been a great help to me. I owe you big time." I hugged him quickly before we sneakily exited the bathroom and split to go our separate ways.

"I'll let you know if something comes up." He winked as he walked off. I rushed back to the ring and slid in and started training again. With each move, pain was shooting through my body but I chose to ignore it. I couldn't lose this opportunity. I couldn't miss my title shot even if it killed me.

"Mark said he wanted me to use the Rack Attack on you." Nikki said happily. "You want to practice that one?" I nodded happily, despite knowing that was one of the most painful moves that could be used against me and my poor back. We practiced a few moves before Nikki picked me up over her shoulders and fell to her knees, delivering the move with precision. I dropped to the floor and was almost paralyzed by the pure amount of pain that shot through my body at once. It was unbearable. A single tear escaped and ran down my face.

"Lucy?" Frenzy bent down beside me. "Are you alright?"

"What happened?" Nikki knelt down beside me. "I didn't hurt you, did I?" She exchanged worried glances with Brie.

"Frenzy, I need you to call Seth down here." I gave her my phone. "Please." I looked at her with my sincerest face and she instantly dialled his number.

"Hi Seth, it's Frenzy. Look I don't know what's going on but Lucy asked me to call you down here..." She paused as she listened to him. "Well Nikki did the Rack Attack and she's just laying there- Hello? Seth?" She handed my phone back to me. "I think he hung up." She shrugged.

"That's fine. Thank you." I said. I tried to lift my head but the pain shot across my shoulders and down my spine. I'm literally paralyzed. I can't move. This can't be happening to me. "Can you guys just give me and Seth a minute when he gets here?" I looked at them all with tears in my eyes. How could this be happening at such a crucial moment in my life? Frenzy, Nikki and Brie all hugged me and grabbed my hand before they slid out of the ring and left the room. The door opened seconds afterwards and I heard quick, heavy footsteps into the ring. I lifted my head up and saw Seth, Roman and Dean standing in shock at the side of the ring. I let my head fall back down to the mat and sobbed, bringing my hands up to my face.

"Lucy..." Roman knelt down by my head and stroked my hair. "It's alright, calm down." Seth knelt down the other side of me. With their help I managed to sit with my back up against the corner post. I rested my head on the cushion.

"Can someone fill me in here?" Dean said, still stood in the same spot.

"That girl that wanted to fight Paige fought Lucy." Seth began. "During the fight she slammed her into the wall. She's got a huge bruise running down pretty much all of her spine. It was hurting her but she wanted to train..."

"We need to get the medic-" Roman began but I interrupted him.

"I'm fine. It just really hurt. I already feel better. I can move better." I said, not sure who I was lying to – them or myself.

"Stand up then." Dean ordered. Seth and Roman looked at him, shocked that he would ask it but then looked back to me, waiting for me to prove myself. I bent my knees up and grabbed hold of the ropes either side of me. I used every ounce of strength I had to pull myself up to a squat position and then again until I stood up. My back just felt like a wall of pain. I couldn't think about anything else. All I could focus on was the radiating pain that seemed to take longer to go away each time I moved.

"You're seeing a medic." Roman told me. I knew there was no way I was going to get out of this one. I'm going to miss my title opportunity.