Chapter 11 - Partying

Everyone, including myself, looked at Roman in shock. What was he saying? Why did he just announce to everyone that I was interested in him? I mean maybe I was but he certainly didn’t know that. I took a deep breath in and out before I started talking again.

“Leighla, I can assure you that absolutely nothing happened between Seth and I that day. I just came out of my dressing room trying to find the medic’s room and I asked him for directions.” I said honestly. There was no point in making this situation worse. I knew this was all an insecurity thing and I just wanted her to feel better about it all.

“And because she couldn’t see very well, I took her there myself to make sure she was alright.” Seth added. “She’s got Roman, why would she want me?” I liked how they were all using this as a scapegoat but I was still not sure that lying to her about me being close to dating would make her feel much better in the long run.

“I promise you nothing happened. They’ve just been training me and he helped me, that was it.” I said but I could still tell she wasn’t convinced. “Plus you are a lot more attractive than me, I don’t think Seth would even want to be near me. Look at you!” I said, hoping that a boost of self-confidence would seal the deal. A huge grin erupted onto her face and she looked like she wasn’t at war with her head any more.

“Thank you.” She said to me shyly. “I’m sorry. I just saw it on there and it scared me. I know you see each other a lot more than I see Seth and I thought that maybe it could happen…”

“It’s fine. I understand what you’re saying, I’d probably feel the same but just don’t believe what you read on twitter or anything.” I felt like I was talking to a child and it was a little embarrassing for her I’m sure, but at least it was all getting sorted now.

“Oh God! I feel so bad now. I need to make it up to you somehow! I’ve been so horrible to you!” Leighla ran over to me and threw her arms around me, pulling me in for a hug. “I’m so sorry!” I let out a small smile and hugged her back.

“Honestly, it’s alright. It’s good to see you’re willing to fight for him!” I let out a laugh.

“I’ll buy you breakfast or something!” She insisted but I looked at her confused.

“Breakfast? You don’t know where I live!” I let out a laugh as if she was stupid but all the guys looked at me confused. How on earth was she going to get breakfast to me in the morning?

“The guys didn’t tell you?” She said, we both looked at Dean, Roman and Seth who’s eyes all avoided our gaze.

“Tell me what?”

“We’re all staying in the hotel rooms across the road from here. It was a deal from this place. None of us are going home tonight!” I didn’t know whether to be pleased or not. This meant the people I worked with were just going to see me get progressively more drunk as the night went on and then would have to deal with me attempting to get into a hotel and then into a room there? I was bound to make a fool of myself. On the other hand though, it gave me more time to get to know the wrestlers. I could see they were all waiting for my reaction so I smiled and hoped it looked believable.

“Ah and there were the guys thinking that you would have hated the idea!” Leighla said with a laugh. Now I knew why they didn’t tell me; because they knew I would end up saying I wouldn’t go to the party at all to save trying to drunkenly travel home on my own. Thanks guys.

“Well, nothing like spending your whole evening with people you’ve just met!” I said with sarcasm spilling out of my mouth. I could see the guys shift in their seats awkwardly. Rosa ran up to the table with her mobile to her ear and a look of anxiety on her face.