Chapter 22 - Making My Way Up!

"You guys wanted this." Paige stood in the centre of the ring in her gear with the microphone in her hand. "You all wanted the front row seats to watch me beat Lucy and here it is. I am Divas Champion and a little girl isn't going to take that away from me! I am the face of the Divas Division!" Paige said, receiving huge reactions from the crowd. "So Lucy, come out and let me make this a bit better for you..." 
My music played and I came out confidently, hearing the roar of cheers from the crowd. I ran down to the ring and stood just outside it. I waved cheekily at Paige to anger her.

"Well, good on you that you actually showed up." Paige said childishly. "So here's the deal, if you win this match and one on Raw next week - which you won't - I'll give you a chance at my Divas Title at TLC." The crowd jumped to their feet cheering. Some chanted 'Paige' while others chanted 'Lucy'. I got a microphone from one of the crew and smiled.

"Well Paige..." I sighed happily. "Conditions accepted." More cheers filled the arena. "But if you can make rules, so can I. Our match on Raw will be a No Disqualification match." Paige shook her head with a grin plastered on her face and the crowd went wild. This was exactly what we had hoped for when we sorted it out for all those hours. Although this bit wasn't taped, I would go up on social media and be talked about on Raw anyway. We had them hooked.

"Fine. But that's only if you can survive this one!" Paige threw her mic out of the ring and ran at me, sliding out and right by me. We grappled with each other until I got the upper hand and threw her into the ring. As I climbed in, she grabbed me and threw me back down onto the floor, keeping hold of my head and hitting it against the floor. She let go and walked into the centre of the ring.

"This is MY house!" She screamed out to the crowd. I climbed to my feet and ran at her, jumping onto her and sending her crashing to the floor. I knelt over her and punched her repeatedly in the face before she finally had the chance to push me off. We both got to our feet and ran at each other again, grappling once more. She got the upper hand and pushed me away from her, she went to do a high kick to the face but I dodged it, sweeping her other foot so she fell to the floor again, near the corner of the ring. I quickly climbed to the top rope, put my thumb and fingers together, raised them above my head and did a jumping elbow drop to Paige's head. I quickly pinned her and the ref started counting.

"1...2..." 

Paige kicked out and I looked over in shock. That was my finishing move and she got out of it... How? I did a low kick to her face and once again she rolled towards the corner of the ring, I jumped up to the top rope again and repeated the gesture before I jumped, only this time Paige lifted her legs up and they connected with my stomach. I rolled around on the floor clutching my stomach. Paige ran over and pinned me.

"1...2..."

I kicked out. The crowd cried out and screamed and cheered. If we were getting this kind of reaction without it being taped, what would it be like when we were on Raw?
I got up and stumbled away from her and as she ran at me I readied myself and jumped out of her way. As she turned around I did a spinning clothesline and knocked her to the floor. I knelt over her and punched her a few more times before I quickly climbed to the top rope one more time and did my third elbow drop. I pinned Paige once more.

"1...2...3!" The bell rang and I jumped to my feet, cheering and jumping around. The ref lifted my arm up as it was announced that I had won the match. I grabbed the microphone and walked over to Paige, who was still laying on the floor.

“One more match, Paige. I will be holding that title soon…” I threw the microphone next to her and as my music sounded, I walked back up the ramp and backstage where a few of the Superstars and Divas were standing waiting for me.

“Wow!” Seth said, pulling me in for a hug. “That was insane!” I hugged him back and loved every second of us being close to each other, although I pulled away before people thought anything.

“Thanks Seth.” I grinned. Paige ran up behind me and wrapped her hands around me.

“We were awesome!” She cheered in my ear. “We did it!!” I turned round and hugged her back.

“They absolutely loved that match!” I squealed with excitement.

“You guys were perfect!” Rosa said, hugging both of us at the same time.

“Yeah, they really bought it! Well done!” Cesaro hugged us both afterwards. I couldn’t believe some of the most popular people in WWE were stood here congratulating me… ME! I’d finally made it – or at least it felt like it. I still needed to experience the proper taped matches and the pay per views.

“Lucy!” I recognised the voice instantly and looked around for my taller, scarier partner Frenzy. She walked up to me and hugged me tightly. “You were amazing!”

“Thank you!” I said excitedly as we pulled out of the hug. “Soon you’ll be out there, eh?” I pointed out to the ramp.

“Not yet, I just want to get a bit more practice in first. Not everyone is talented like you.” She laughed.

“You’re doing a lot better than I did in that amount of time. You’ll get there and I don’t think it’ll be too long away!” I smiled proudly, thinking back to the amount of time we had trained together and just how much potential she had.

“Thanks!” Frenzy smiled. “Ooh, before I forget… Mark said he wanted to see you after your match. He sounded like it was urgent.” My smile dropped and my heart started thumping. What had I done? I hope he wasn’t mad at me. I hugged Frenzy again and said goodbye to all the Superstars and Divas and headed straight to Mark. I could feel myself beginning to shake and I felt sick. Please don’t fire me.

“Lucy!” He said cheerily and I instantly loosened. He pointed to a chair in front of him and I sat down on it as I shook his hand.

“Hi Mark, how are you?” I tried to be sweet just in case I was in trouble.

“Fine thank you. I’m very impressed with how well you and Paige sold that storyline out there today. I think the guys I report to will be very happy with that!” Mark let out a small smile, which he didn’t often do to remain professional.

“So what was it that you wanted to talk to me about?” I said, getting straight to the point.

“Well, two things actually.” He said and I began to panic again. “And I’m hoping you’ll like them.” Once again I let out a sigh of relief and loosened. This guy was sending me on a rollercoaster of emotions.

“Ok…?” I said not too confidently.

“The first is a suggestion that’s been made by Creative but we obviously want to run it by you first. They want to expand your storyline with Paige and have you in a match against the Bella Twins.” A smile instantly shone on my face. “They want it to be a storyline on how they don’t think you deserve to walk in and get a title shot when they’ve been fighting for it for so long.” I nodded to show I liked it so far. “So they’re going to challenge you to see how tough you are and if you are actually better than them and deserve a title shot…”

“I love it.” I said before Mark had even finished.

“The only problem we have at the moment is who you’d fight with. We could have a handicap match once or twice but we really would like you to have a tag team partner. It can’t be Paige for obvious reasons and you’ve not really had encounters with many of the other Divas yet…” Mark looked like he was giving up on the idea.

“What about Frenzy?” I suggested without giving it a second thought. “I’ve fought her and trained with her, she’d be the best person for the job. I know she’s still in NXT but couldn’t we bring her up just for those matches?” Mark looked up at me with hope and confidence.

“That’s a very good idea! I can’t believe we didn’t think of it before! Let me pitch it to them after this meeting.”

“Awesome. I’d love to work with Frenzy some more!” I smiled once more.

“Well, let’s see what Creative think.” He said. “Next thing on the agenda… How would you feel about having some of your own merchandise?”