Chapter 3 - Helping Out

I hesitated for a minute before deciding going to follow Frenzy was the best idea. Once again, I was giving up something that could help me to help others. It had been a thing I'd done my whole life, sacrificing things I wanted to help those in need. I helped a lot of people progress with their wrestling before i concentrated on my own character and moves so when I finally got that acceptance from WWE you can imagine the excitement and determination I had - but here I am again, running down the hallway for Frenzy when I could have been making friends with Superstars. I just feel so selfish if I think about myself. I can make friends anytime I said to myself as I shot through hallways calling Frenzy's name.

"Lucy?" A sniffly voice called through the doors of the female bathroom.

"Yeah, you alright?" I called back before i pushed the door gently open. Frenzy was stood in front of the mirrors just staring at herself. 

"I knew things wouldn't change." She said simply but I knew exactly what she meant. She'd come here, just like me, to prove to bullies and stupid people that we weren't what they called us and we could be successful. Yet here we were, acting like we were back in school; hiding out in the toilets so they didn't see that what they said affected us.

"Dont say that! There's always one, remember?" I tried to comfort her. I'd trained with Frenzy for a while, so I knew her as well as she knew me. "You'll show her when you're in the ring and she'll regret everything she said." I said, hoping to cheer her up. A small smile appeared on her face.

"Yeah, I'll knock her out in a minute - she's so tiny!" I let out a nerdy laugh as I could see the determination on Frenzy's face. 

"Less than a minute! I'll put a bet on it!" We both laughed. "I mean think about it, look at how she was all dressed up and attempting to attract the guys attention, she's obviously desperately single!" I continued. If you cant beat them, join them right?

"I'm here to impress with my wrestling skills not with my looks. She obviously has neither." Frenzy smirked.

"See? That's the kind of attitude you need!" I laughed. "Just ignore her, she needs to grow up and learn that she's not going to get anywhere in this career being horrible to anyone!" Frenzy nodded.

"We better get back, people might be wondering where we are! Thank you for everything though, you've been a big help!"

After a quick peep round the door we exited swiftly. I went back to the canteen while Frenzy went to speak with the bosses about how unprofessional Summer Rae had acted. I walked through the double doors and just like the first time, the noise hit me. Those doors were definitely soundproofed. I looked around the seated area but i couldn't see the three guys I'd just spent a bit of time talking to. I sighed heavily and walked back into the silence that was my dressing room. Slumping on the couch, i let out another sigh as i thought about how differently this day could have gone had Frenzy not injured me or if Summer Rae hadn't opened her big mouth. Thinking about my injury instantly made it sting and without thinking I tugged at it and scratched it. A small stabbing pain shot through my eyebrow and I winced. I looked across to the mirror at the side of the room and noticed it was bleeding again. I shot to my feet and ran to the door, flinging it open and leaping out of the room only to leap into Seth, who looked like he was just about to knock at my door.

"Woah! Are you alright? What's the hurry?" Seth looked concerned as I steadied myself with my hand over my eye.

"I accidentally scratched my cut and its bleeding again." I tried to sound calm and collected but I could tell Seth wasn't buying into it.

"Come on, I'll find the medics..." Seth said as he grabbed hold of my arm and tugged me through backstage until we were back in the room I'd said I wasn't going to go back to. The same two doctors that were there earlier looked up at us and jumped up, the doctor I had already getting his gloves on and sorting out his box of tricks.

"I thought you promised not to come back here too soon?" The doctor laughed as I sat down.

"Couldn't keep away from here!" I said jokingly. I watched Seth take a seat in the chair nearest to me and clasp his hands anxiously.

"So what happened?" The doctor said as he cleaned up my wound for the second time. He numbed the area with an injection and instantly began sorting it out.

"I had an itch and I scratched it." I stated obviously.

"Scratched or mauled?" The other doctor said in a giggle.

"Aren't you guys meant to be professionals?" I joked back with as much of a smile on my face as I could while having someone re-stitch my injury. 

"We're always professional, not like you guys getting injured enough to need us here all the time!" The doctors cackled in hysterics as they finished patching up my injury. Another piece of gauze was put on it and I was again ready to venture off to my boring room.

"You guys think you're so funny..." I scowled jokingly as I left with Seth.

"Want to hang out with us?" Seth finally asked when we'd got far enough from the medics room. It didn't take long for me to answer, I'd wanted him to ask me something along those lines as soon as I saw him outside my door.

"Sure!" I said, sounding more than enthusiastic. He smiled and led me to what I could only describe as a common room; There was a tv and a sofa that Dean and Roman were casually laying across.

"I brought a friend." Seth said from the doorway. Roman sat up quickly and looked back towards us.

"Lucy!" Roman smiled, "Come on, take a seat." He punched Dean in the leg signalling him to move up and I sat in between them.

"What happened to your eye?" Dean asked as soon as he noticed. I rolled my eyes and let out a small smile.

"I scratched an itch." I said simply, just like I had to the doctors.

"You just wanted to make yours look worse than mine!" Roman laughed. "You wanted the doctors to dish more dirt." I pretended to look shocked and hurt.

"I don't think that's possible. Mine was worse than yours!" I stuck my tongue out childishly. "Seth can prove it." I looked over to him for support but he looked blankly back at me. Did I say something wrong?

"You went to see her?" Dean asked flatly, like he had broken a rule the group had made up or something.

"I just wanted to check the thing with Summer and Frenzy ended alright." Seth replied monotonously. "No big deal."

"Well, if we'd known Seth was going to see you we would have come too. Don't think we just sent him off on his own." Dean added quickly, trying to stay in my good books.

 "Truthfully I wasn't even thinking about it, I was too busy running to the medics room after scratching my injury back open!" I said. I didn't see what the big deal was, but I could tell on the faces of Dean and Roman there was a look of distrust. What have I got myself into?