Chapter 4 - Disagreements

Seth's POV

As soon as Lucy exited the room it went deadly silent and Dean and Roman glared over to me.

"What?" I huffed, folding my arms and slumping down in the chair i was sitting in.

"Why didn't you say you were going to see her?" Roman said to me, trying to hold back on being angry at me.

"What does it matter? Do I need to tell you everything I do?" I hissed.

"No, but you know we all wanted to see her and check everything was alright with Frenzy. You told us you were going to the canteen."

"Whatever. I brought her over here didn't I? I didn't run off with her!" I rolled my eyes and sighed, wondering why they were so uptight about me going to see Lucy.

"Yeah I'm sure your girlfriend would love that answer." Dean added spitefully, the look on his face saying he was going to tell Leighla about this.

"You tell her and I'll knock your teeth out." I hissed again.

“As if you’d get the chance, she’d be right on your ass about it!” Dean laughed.

“This has nothing to do with her… or you guys! I went to see a friend! Would it matter if I’d not gone to the canteen to see Cesaro?” I argued.

“It wouldn’t have been a problem because we could trust you weren’t trying to flirt with Cesaro!” Dean said smarmily.

“I wasn’t flirting with anyone anyway!” I protested. “I’ve got a girlfriend I love very much, I’m not going to ruin that over some newbie wrestler.” I gritted my teeth hoping Dean wasn’t going to say something that’d make me launch at him with my fists clenched.

“I’ll make sure I tell Lucy she’s ‘just some newbie wrestler’ to you then!” Dean said, knowing he could use anything I said against me. I often said things before I thought about what I was saying and I knew one of these days it’d get me in trouble. Dean smirked at me evilly.

“Or you could just shove it up your-”

"Guys!" Roman interrupted. "All we're saying, Seth, is that next time just tell us the truth! We wanted to check she was alright too. We could have all gone."

"Pfft yeah alright then. We all know what happens when Dean 'checks someone is alright'." Dean instantly shot a wicked glare over to me as I referred to his and Paige's relationship that began when he checked on her after a match.

"Don't even go there, Seth..." Dean warned.

"You guys are ridiculous. We've seen her now and she's alright so can we just chill?" Roman was again attempting to be peacekeeper between Dean and I. I could see the frustration on his face as he tried his best but we never listened. We always thought it was better to go back and forth until we were at each other’s throats.

“I was chilled. It was you guys that gave me funny looks all the time Lucy was here!” I felt like no matter what I said I wasn’t going to win this, part of me just wanted to get up and walk out but they’d only moan then too!

“We only gave you those looks because you said you were going to the canteen and came back with Lucy and no food!” Dean was quick to answer back.

“So what?” I repeated. Roman ran his fingers through his hair and sighed.

“So if I told Leighla that she’d be fine?” I clenched my jaw as Dean mentioned her name. He had no right to bring her into this.

“Can we just forget this now please?” Roman barked. “I don’t want to listen to you guys arguing over the fact a girl was in the room. What are you, two years old?”

“Right, so Seth can get away with running off to see a girl but I couldn’t run off and see my own girlfriend?” Dean protested. He was ready to throw his toys out of the pram. “At least the girl I was seeing was my girlfriend! Seth’s running off with a girl he met once! You guys wouldn’t let it go when I spent more time with Paige than I did with you guys!”

“I was not running off! I was on my way to the canteen when I passed her room and thought I’d just knock and see if she was there! Before I knew it she jumped out of the room and I rushed her to the medics room. This has nothing to do with comparisons or relationships!” Dean and I had been at loggerheads for a while now, I couldn’t even remember how it started but now it seemed everything I did was something to do with him being in the wrong. It was driving me crazy! Why did I need to sit here justifying myself?

“ALRIGHT!” Roman yelled. You could tell he’d had enough of this and so had I. “Let’s drop it all, no one bring up anything anymore!” I stood up and headed for the door but as I swung it open a guy from the stage crew was at the door holding his clipboard. He had a hand over the earpiece in his ear and he muttered something into the microphone before smiling at me.

“I finally found you guys! Your fight is up, get ready quickly!” We all ran past the guy and into our changing rooms, getting into the well-known black outfits we had worn for so long. We walked quickly to our places outside of the seating area and as the music played we walked through the crowd ready for a good match. I could see Dean giving me evil looks every now and again when he caught my eye and I prayed it wouldn’t affect a match that we needed to win – one against the Wyatts. 

"Do me a favour, don't mess this up for us as well, eh?" Dean mumbled as we walked into the ring. I shot him a glare of disgust.

"I'm not messing anything up, Dean. Stop going on about it!" I protested my innocence. The arena went black as The Wyatts music began to play and Dean shoved me sideways into Roman. I clenched my fists and stepped towards Dean but Roman held me back.

"Everyone can see us! Just act normal. Save it till we're out of the ring!" He snarled at us. "You guys are going to ruin this for yourselves and i'm not picking up the pieces." Roman let go of me and i brushed myself down, quickly shoving Dean back but making it look playful for the fans in the arena that were still looking at us.

"Just wait til this match is over..." Dean said through gritted teeth. "You're going to be picking up the pieces of your life while I just laugh at you." A smile appeared on his face. He was genuinely happy about the idea of ruining my life. How did it get down to this?

"What's this even about?" I said to him quietly. "What's made you so mad?"

"Roman always favours you and i've had enough. You do the most wrong and i get most of the blame... I want Roman to see you for who you really are."