Chapter 45 - The End

I was between Roman and Seth, pushing Roman away before one of the punches he was throwing actually landed on Seth’s face. This was a nightmare. Every bad thing I had imagined over the past felt like it was coming true. I didn’t need this. With one heavy shove I pushed Roman away and walked with him.

“Who does he think he is?” Roman snarled, his fists clenched and his body tense.

“He’s just trying to get under your skin!” I alleged. “You upset him so he’s trying to wind you up!” I looked back to Seth who was smiling to himself.

“Look at how smug he is. I need to punch that smugness from him.” Roman leapt at him again but I pushed Roman back once more. This is the last thing we needed people to see. We were meant to be people’s idols. Fans looked up to us and here we were fighting drunkenly.

“Roman, just go outside and get some air please? I don’t want you guys to fight.” I said pleadingly, the puppy  dog eyes coming into play again. “I’ll get someone to take Seth home, he’s had too much to drink.” Roman took one long look at me and sighed, nodding his head.

“I don’t know what I’d do without you!” He smiled, stroking my face.

“I’ll be out to speak to you in a sec, let me sort out Rollins over here…” I rolled my eyes as I looked back to Seth who was mumbling to himself. Roman walked away and disappeared in the crowd on the dancefloor. I had no idea if this was even going to work but I didn’t have any imagination left. I just needed Seth to shut the hell up. I stormed over to him, desperately fighting the urge to slap him in the face.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” I asked through gritted teeth. “You nearly ruined everything!” He let out an evil laugh and cocked his head to the side.

“I nearly ruined it? I was only going to tell my poor friend the truth. You’re the one who ruined it by cheating in the first place!” I shushed him quickly and put my finger to his mouth, looking around to make sure no one heard him.

“Please Seth. I will tell him, I just want to find the best way so I don’t hurt him too much!” I begged.

“Oh how noble of you.” Seth tutted and rolled his eyes, playing an imaginary violin.

“You’re not funny, Seth!” I roared. “I just stopped Roman from hitting you full on in the face!” Seth laughed heartily.

“I could have taken him. He’s nothing.” Seth put his fists up as if he was ready to fight. “Get him back here and I’ll show him who’s boss.”

“I’m calling you a cab. You’ve had way too much to drink and you need to go and sleep it off.” I said, getting my phone out of my pocket. He mumbled a ‘fine’ at me and I dialled the nearest cab company, booking a car to come and get him in ten minutes.

“Ten minutes?” He tutted.

“Go and say bye to everyone then.” I said as if I was his mum.

“Wait.” He held his hand up. “Let me go to the toilet first.” I turned my nose up at the fact he thought I needed to know this information. “Can you come with me in case I fall over or something?” I shook my head dramatically.

“I’ll get Cesaro.” I said, taking a step away from him but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

“No, just come on, I’m desperate.” The idea of Seth peeing himself in front of all his work colleagues wasn’t ideal so I quickly agreed and aided him in the walk to the toilets which seemed five times longer as I tried to direct Seth the right way. He opened the door to the men’s toilets and decided to inform me there were no men in it.

“That’s great Seth. I’ll just stand out here.” I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

“But then how would you hear me falling over?” Seth tried to put up an argument. Time was against me, the cab was coming soon and he hadn’t even said goodbye to anyone yet! I reluctantly agreed and walked into the men’s toilet, feeling very uncomfortable as I looked around. I made a mental note not to touch anything, just in case. As Seth closed one of the cubical doors, I noticed there was a floor length mirror and decided to inspect the tear in my dress. It wasn’t obvious that it was a tear – thank God – but people must have thought I was cocky and confident enough to pull it off.

“Lucy?” Seth’s voice echoed the small room and I looked round to see Seth only a few inches from me, that same devious, lustful look in his eyes.

“You need to get going, the cab will be here in a minute.” I said, checking the time on my phone.

“Well, there’s still a minute left then.” He grinned as he embraced me tightly, kissing my neck. I backed into the wall, giving into the temptation again. I put my hands under his chin and lifted it so I could kiss his lips. His connected with mine instantly and we deepened the kiss. I don’t know if it was the alcohol or not, but I couldn’t care that we were doing this in the men’s toilets, I was just happy I was with Seth. He lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around his torso – a lot easier to do thanks to the slit in my dress – and flung my arms around him. The kiss deepened again and both of us tried desperately to keep our affair quiet, just in case someone could hear us and catch us out.

“Don’t you feel better with me than you do with Roman?” Seth pulled out of the kiss to ask me. Both our chests were rising and falling significantly quicker than before. My whole body felt clammy to the touch. When I kissed Roman this didn’t happen to me, we kissed a lot softer and more romantically. When I kissed Seth it was like the lustful fire in my stomach was being fed fuel, I felt like a different person when I was with him. I had to think honestly, maybe this would help me to decide who I actually wanted because I knew I couldn’t have both – not for much longer.

“Yeah.” I said, unsure as to how I could expand on it. I must have preferred Seth if I was willing to cheat on Roman with him, right? Seth obviously preferred me to Leighla right now, if they were still a couple.

“Just get rid of him, Luce.” He said desperately as he pushed his lips back into mine once again. This kiss became more passionate and we became more desperate for one another, our hands exploring each other’s clothed bodies once again. “Get in the cab with me.” Seth breathed into my ear.

“I can’t.” I sighed.

“Just say I was too drunk and you had to take me home.” He kissed me quickly. “Please?” I looked into his pleading eyes and I could hardly say no. I nodded, dropping my legs from his waist. With a smile on his face he kissed me again, his hands cupping my head. I didn’t want this feeling to end, I’d never felt like this with Roman but I think that’s because he wanted to be more careful around me; he didn’t want me to think he was pushing the relationship too far too quickly. Seth on the other hand could obviously read me and my body very well. Seth placed his hands on my waist as he pulled our bodies closer. I put my arms around his neck and he wrapped his around my waist as our kiss got more intense. I was suddenly pulled out of my dream state when I heard the door to the room squeak open and shut but the footsteps ceased. Even though I was still kissing Seth, I opened my eyes to see who had decided to stand and watch us and I didn’t like what I saw. I stopped kissing Seth instantly and pulled my arms down by my sides, my eyes glued on some glazed over blue ones. Seth stopped kissing me and looked up at me, about to question why I had stopped our embrace but he noticed my gaze and followed it, turning round to see the guy who stood before us, angry yet broken.

“Roman.”