Chapter 51 - Feelings

"Oh thank God!" Paige said in relieved laugh. "You scared the crap out of me!"

"The girl's been taken to the police station. You can go and make a statement if you wish." The bouncer said. "I'm sorry for what she did to you both."

"Thanks, but I probably won't. As long as we're alright, I don't care." I smiled at the bouncer, who nodded and walked back into the club. I put my hand on the arm that was stinging and felt it was damp, I looked down and noticed it was bleeding. How did I manage to get this beat up?

"What did I miss?" I looked over to Roman and Seth.

"She was about to run at you with a bottle when the bouncer turned up with Paige and Dean and tackled her to the floor. The police got there quickly after and she was taken away." Seth shrugged as if it was no big deal.

"And I got mad that she'd slapped me! Can you imagine what she could have done?" Paige looked over to Dean with terror in her eyes.

"It's fine. She didn't do it to you and that's what matters." I said as I stood up and brushed my jumpsuit down. With one swift movement I got the gravel and dirt off my outfit but felt that same pain in my arm again. I grabbed it and scrunched up my face.

"You need to get that seen to." Roman demanded.

"I'm fine. I'll take care of it at home." I huffed.

"You look really nice today." Dean said, I assume to change the mood of the conversation. "I mean minus the blood and dirt, your outfit looked really good, were you going out?" Paige's face fell and she stared at the floor.

"You had your date today, didn't you?" Paige said and all eyes were on me in an instant. I nodded. I couldn't be bothered to explain that he wasn't my boyfriend and that it wasn't a date anymore. "I'm so sorry!"

"You left a date to come here?" Dean looked at Paige and then back at me.

"It's fine. It was almost over anyway." I shrugged. "Can I go home now though? I'm pretty tired, I've got to train early in the morning and I look like a mess."

"Let me walk-" Roman offered but I shook my head before he'd even finished his sentence.

"I'm fine, honestly. I'll see you guys for training tomorrow." I hugged each one of them separately. "Thank you for helping me." I said as I walked out of the club and back to my hotel. I grabbed my phone and called the only person I could think of that I wanted to spend this time with.

"Lucy?" His voice sounded groggy like I'd just woken him up.

"Were you asleep? I'm so sorry... I just wanted to chat." I said, feeling bad. It didn't feel like it was that long ago that I'd even seen him.

"I'm fine. What's up? Is everything alright?" With every word, his voice was returning to normal.

"Kind of." I said, honestly. "Tom, I got into a fight with this girl. She really went into me."

"You did what?" His tone had changed to one of urgency and worry. "Are you hurt? Do you need me to come over?" I really did, but could I really do that to him? He'd only seen me once in three years and I wanted him to leave the comfort of wherever he was staying to come and nurse me back to health?

"I'm hurt yeah, but I should be ok... I don't want you to come out. It's not fair on you." I sighed.

"Too late. I'm already heading out of the door." He laughed. "I'll meet you outside your hotel." He hung up. I smiled to myself and sped up, making sure I got to the hotel as quickly as I could. I stood in the dark and wrapped my arms around myself for warmth. Damn it, I gave my jacket to Roman and completely forgot about it. A car pulled up outside the hotel and Thomas jumped out, ran over to me and embraced me in a hug.

"Thank God you're alright. You're freezing though!" He said, unzipping his jacket.

"I'm fine, we're literally outside the hotel." I giggled. "Thank you for coming to see me."

"It's no problem. I know you'd do the same for me." He smiled as he put an arm round me. We walked into the hotel and went up to my room. I unlocked the door and we walked in, switching on every light in the room before we got settled. Thomas took his jumper off and put it on the back of one of the chairs before he turned back round to me, his happy expression falling as soon as he got a good look at me.

"I know." I said before he had a chance to say anything. "I look like a mess."

"A hot mess though." He said and I chuckled. His face turned serious again though. "So what happened?"

"A drunk girl was trying to pick a fight with Paige, that's Dean's girlfriend, and they called me to help because none of the guys wanted to hit a girl. I went there and made Paige go and tell the bouncer to call the police cos the drunk girl slapped her and then she took it out on me. She pulled my hair, threw me into a wall, threw gravel in my eyes and..." I pointed to my bleeding arm. "I've no idea how I got this because I couldn't see!"

"You still haven't had that seen to?" Thomas ran over to me and grabbed my arm, moving it into the light a little more. He went through my case and pulled out some antibacterial wipes and opened a couple of them, wiping over my cut with them. The stinging sensation was almost as bad as when I'd done it, but I knew this was for good reason. He cleaned me up and put a large sticky plaster and gauze over it. He stood back and checked the rest of me to make sure he hadn't missed anything else. "Cant believe you're not going to make a statement about her." He shook his head.

"What's the point? I've got enough stress at the moment without police, statements and court appearances.

"Lucy, she beat you up. What if she'd injured you to the point you couldn't wrestle?" I could tell he was seriously worried about me.

"I appreciate your concern but luckily for us, she didn't do anything too bad... I'm fine, Tom." I let out a smile and hoped that what I said would be enough for him to stop breathing down my neck about it.

"Alright, I know. I just get worried about you." I walked over to him and put my arm around him.

"Tom, you've only seen me for one day." I giggled.

"I know, it sounds stupid but to me it feels like we haven't been apart. It feels like it felt three years ago." He said, his voice soft and meaningful.

"I think so too. It's so good to have you back." He pulled me in for another hug and rested his head on mine. The moment was golden. Once again I was drawn into this moment and I didn't want it to end. I didn't remember this feeling when I was with him a few years ago but I've had it every moment I've been with him now. "Hey, Luce? Let me know if I'm being too forward here, but you know that meal we had tonight... Would you class that as a date?" I kept my face buried in his chest as I let the question sink in. He was trying to ask me out. He'd always been nervous around girls and never managed to get his words out properly, and I'm pretty sure this was his way of saying he wants to go out with me. I moved myself away from him enough to look him in the eyes.

"Thomas James Frederickson, are you trying to ask me out?" A smirk appeared on my face as he shifted uncomfortably.

"Well... I mean- I guess... Yeah." He looked up at me with hope in his eyes.

"I'd love to... but I can't. I don't want to put you through that. I'm on the road 350 days a year, we'd never see each other."

"We just went three years without seeing each other... We can skype and call and text and I'll fly out and see you when I can." He said, as if he'd thought his answers through before I'd even asked the question.

"You'd really do that for me?"

"Of course. I've waited years to be able to ask you that question." He said, wrapping his arms around my waist. "You're worth the wait."

"As are you." I beamed. "Ask me again." I said, wanting the moment we'd both been waiting for seem perfect

"Lucy Jane Baldwin, will you go out with me?" Tom asked more confidently, his green eyes gazing into mine.

"Yes. Of course I will."