Chapter 49 - Catch up

Nerves had become me and I could barely think of conversation as I sat with Thomas at the restaurant. Was this a date? Was this just two friends meeting for food? Had he changed a lot since I'd last seen him?

"You look like I'm about to grill you for information." Thomas laughed as he set two drinks down, one for me and one for him. I let out a small nervous laugh and took a sip of my drink.

"I'm just nervous, believe it or not." I smiled.

"I find it crazy that you can wrestle in front of millions and be fine but as soon as you're sat down with me for dinner you're nervous." He shook his head and laughed.

"It's a completely different thing..." I said. "We've got like three years of stuff to talk about and I'm kind of scared about what I might hear."

"Really?" He questioned, taking a huge mouthful of food and chewing it quickly. "Let me fill you in..." he swallowed the food and took a sip of drink. "I spent three years telling Harry he was an idiot for letting you go, watching him date and break up with tonnes of women, trying to help him when he came to me for advice and then one day I just thought 'why am I wasting my time?' so I didn't see him as much, focussed on my work and saved up to fly over to America and then I saw you advertised on a poster for the show and thought it was more than perfect to go and see you." He sighed, eating some more as soon as he'd finished.

"You don't talk to Harry anymore?" I asked and he shook his head. "That's crazy, you two were like inseparable. All three of us were."

"Well, unless my eyes need testing, only two of us are here now." He smiled.

"Harry was an ass." I voiced before I took a drink. "I'm glad things haven't worked out for him, cos he was so sure everything was going to fall into place after I left."

"As I said, he was an idiot. I knew you were the best thing for him but he couldn't see it. He was a moron." Thomas said with a sorry expression on his face. "Sorry, I didn't mean for Harry to be the topic of conversation, but he literally took up half my time."

"It's alright." I said honestly, "My stories aren't going to be much better."

"But a lot has happened to you in three years, Luce. I've just seen you get put into a match that could lead to you getting the title. You've not been there that long! I'm really happy for you. You're really impressive in that ring!"

"That's the good bit, Tom. There's an equal amount of bad stories too." He gestured at me to continue. "So the good bits; I trained with that girl Frenzy who I fought with today, we both came up from developmental together, we're really good friends and I helped her when she got into an altercation with one of the other female wrestlers. When I fought her I gained an eye injury which meant me going to the medics room, where I met Roman Reigns. After sorting my eye out, I went to get food and spoke to Seth Rollins for the first time, leading me to meet Dean Ambrose. Following me so far?" He nodded as he took another sip of his drink. "Seth and Dean constantly argued over favouritism and to make it worse, twitter exploded with relationship claims of me and Seth dating when he took me to the medics room. He thought Dean had done it but he hadn't. Anyway, I was there trying to fix those two and their relationships, which I managed to do, and helped Roman when his girlfriend cheated on him DESPITE Roman leaving me in an awkward position during a game of truth or dare. Anyway, I started dating Roman and it was all going well until Creative wrote a storyline that meant Seth and I had to be a team against Dean and Paige. They wrote for us to be a close team and eventually for us to kiss which made Roman really paranoid of everything I did, which in turn meant our relationship started fizzling out."

"Wow. I think I might need another drink!" Thomas laughed.

"That's not even the end of it!" I laughed. "Although this bit I'm not proud of..." I sighed. "Anyway, Seth and I started to get close and ended up kissing each other and because Roman was grinding me down so much, I really enjoyed being with Seth and I ended up attempting to be with both of them until I came up with a way of telling Roman it wasn't working out but I never got to that point and he caught us at a party."

"Lucy!" He said, eyes widened. My stomach fell through the floor. "You really know how to create drama for yourself!"

"I didn't know what I was doing." I shrugged. "I knew I'd fucked up but for once I had no idea how to fix it." I finished my food and took a sip of my drink.

"How are they with you now?"

"Well that's the weird thing, they want to hang out with me again..." I said, unsure. "I've said that's cool but I'm scared that I'll mess it up again."

"That's crazy! Even after all that? They must really love you, Luce. Not many people would forget about what happened to focus on your friendship." He said honestly and I nodded in agreement. "I mean, I know just how good of a friend you are so I can see why they've done it, but you need to make sure you're not getting your feelings confused when you're with them again, ok?"

"Alright Mr Agony Uncle." I smirked.

"I'm just looking out for you! I don't want to hear you've tried a relationship again with either of them, it just won't end well." He said, looking at me with a serious expression on his face. I gulped down the slightly nervous feeling and nodded.

"Anyway, enough about me. How's your relationship with that girl... was it Phoebe?" I smiled, ready to hear some good news. I needed this meal to be my escape from my past, not to sit and talk about Harry, Roman and Seth all the time.

"We're not together anymore." Once again, I choked on the drink I was sipping and gasped for air for a few seconds before recovering and settling back down to a quiet state.

"What?"

"We were arguing like four times a day and it just wasn't worth the hassle. I tried to fix it a million times but she always found something else to pick on. It's like she just wanted it to end, so I ended it."

"I'm so sorry to hear that." I said, a sorry expression on my face. "If you ever need to talk, I'm here."

"Thanks but I'm over it. I thought I'd be heartbroken but actually, she'd been an evil witch for so long when we did break up it was almost like I was relieved. The good memories weren't even bothering me anymore." He shrugged.

"Wow. She must have been awful. I'm glad you're out of that then! It can only go up from here!" I smiled.

"Oh I'm sure it will." He smiled, his gaze not moving from mine as he waved a waiter over to pay for the meal. Despite me arguing and saying I'd pay for a good couple of minutes, he paid for the whole meal. "Are you staying close to here?" He asked as he packed up his things and put his jacket on.

"Yeah, only a few minutes' walk." I said as I put my leather jacket on.

"Let me walk you home." He said with a smile and linked his arm in mine as we walked out of the restaurant.