Chapter 39 - Lies and Fights

Dean flung Seth into the corner and started running at him, but as he did I quickly tagged myself in allowing Seth to quickly duck and roll out of the ring, avoiding being attacked in the corner.

“She just saved him!” The commentators shouted from their table. “She stopped him being caught in Ambrose’s attack. What a tag team partner!” Paige climbed into the ring and we locked up, trying to fight out of each other’s grip.

“Going to lose again, Paige?” I laughed, making her concentrate less so I could get the upper hand and put her in an arm lock. She countered it and put me in the same arm lock. I reversed it and kicked her in the leg, causing her to fall to her knees. I bounced off the closest ropes to gain momentum and did a drop kick to her face. I then climbed up to the top rope, did my famous gesture which I noticed some of the crowd were now copying and did a diving elbow drop. I quickly pinned her.

“One… Two… Three!” The referee signalled for the bell to be rung and I jumped up, throwing my arms in the air.

“And the winners by pinfall, the team of Seth and Lucy!” Lillian announced to a cheering crowd at the arena for Raw. Seth climbed into the ring and ran over to me, grabbing an arm and raising it in the air as the referee raised the other one. The referee dropped my arm and left the ring and Seth and I celebrated winning the final match before TLC against Dean and Paige. I jumped up and down in the centre of the ring as Seth ran up to me, pulling me into a hug. I wrapped my legs around his waist and hugged him back as it had said in the script before I jumped off and got into Paige’s face as she lay on the floor.

“That’s going to happen at TLC on Sunday! Be prepared to lose again!” I laughed.

“That’s what’s best for business!” Seth shouted, pointing at the two of us. Seth’s music began playing and we exited the ring and up the ramp high fiving people and celebrating. We got backstage and hugged again.

“We did it!” I grinned happily. I would never have believed a storyline like that would have been given to someone like me so early on in their career but I was loving every moment of it.

“You were amazing!” Seth said, putting his arm around me again. “Luth is what it’s all about.” He quickly pulled out his phone and we did a quick pose for the selfie before he posted it on social media.

*Team Luth triumphant again. Let’s see how they do at TLC! ;) #BetterThanThem #PaigeWho? #DeanWho?*

“It is indeed!” I grinned, realising just why people get along so well when they are tag team partners. I would remember watching the wrestling and a tag team would just be put together, two strangers who have never fought in the same storyline yet they get put together for some reason and turn out to be great! We were that now.

“You two seem happy.” Roman appeared from around the corner, his voice low and cold. I fell silent instantly but Seth continued, not knowing when to stop.

“Well we just did our first tag team match on Raw and won, of course we’re happy!” He folded his arms and rolled his eyes. What I thought was a simple answer was actually a cocky, snide comment to put Roman in his place. My heart skipped a beat as my mind imagined those two getting into a fight and me having to break it up, possibly saying the wrong thing along the way. Please Seth let’s not cause anything now.

“Yes, I saw.” Roman said blankly, not even looking at him. “Hey Lucy, do you want to grab a bite to eat?” I looked over to Seth and saw his body tensing, I’m assuming because Roman didn’t look at him.

“I was going to ask you if you wanted to join Paige, Dean and I for a celebratory lunch.” Seth said, looking at Roman and then me. “It’s up to you.” Roman shot Seth a death glare, which Seth reciprocated.

“Are you trying to steal my girl away from me?” Roman squared up to him, looking down at him angrily. I knew this was coming. I could see it a mile off. Roman had been so angry and wound up by the idea that I’d have to kiss Seth and could possibly develop feelings for him; he was just going to argue with him anyway.

“Steal her from you? I think you were the one who stole her in the first place!” Seth spat, looking at Roman in disgust.

“What are you talking about?”

“You ran into that room and kissed Lucy knowing damn well I liked her. You put all the blame on her and it was all your doing.” Seth shook his head. Roman shot a glare over to me.

“You told him?” He was angry but he also looked hurt, I’d broken the promise to keep it to myself.

“We were arguing and it just came out…” I said sheepishly and shrugged. There was no point in being angry at me for saying it, it shouldn’t have happened in the first place. Either way, it’s been said now and I’m just going to have to deal with the repercussions.

“No point having a go at her!” Seth stood up for me. “You lied to me this whole fucking time! This whole time I thought you were the guy who was helping me and supporting me through everything and it turns out you were the one making a fool of me!” I felt my blood beginning to boil. How could they stand there and try and score points right in front of me? We weren’t five years old anymore. I could make my own decisions in life.

“The only person that was going to make a fool out of anyone was you, Seth!” Roman shouted. “You were going to go in there and confess your feelings to a girl who was friends with your girlfriend!” It was like they’d forgotten I was standing right there, listening to every word that came out of their mouths.

“You made her take the fall for you, Roman. That’s pretty low.” Seth sighed. “That’s nothing in comparison.” Roman went to spit out a reply but I silenced them both by beating him to it.

“You know I’m still here right?” I said sharply, suddenly having two pairs of eyes on me. What was the point in this childish fighting? At the end of the day, I’d already made my choices in life and they should accept them. “I’m old enough to fight my own battles and decide what I want to do with my life. If you guys want to fight and bitch then go ahead, I’m off to the canteen to sit with Dean and Paige and enjoy my lunch.” I said, turning on my heels to walk off. “I’ve chosen who I want to be with so deal with it, both of you.” I said as I walked off. Roman let out a chuckle but I knew Seth was just hiding his smile because he knew I’d chosen him too…