Chapter 21 - Stuck With The Truth

Roman's POV

I sat in silence, staring at the door that had just been slammed shut by Lucy. Had she just admitted to me that she had feelings for me? I couldn't get my head around it. I would never have guessed it! Maybe that was why she was so affected after the truth or dare incident - because she really did want to kiss me.
A feeling of guilt hit me, there I'd been making her listen to all my problems with Mila and all that time she was on the other end of it thinking she liked me. What an idiot I am. How did I not realise? I could have had her in my arms but I let her slam that door behind her and she probably won’t speak to me again. Why do I always manage to get myself into these situations?

"Roman?" I heard from outside the room, bringing me from my thoughts. It sounded like Seth. Did I really want to speak to him right now? I’m not in the right frame of mind to speak to anyone. I’d already upset Lucy, was I going to upset Seth too?

"Yeah?" I called from inside the room, not wanting to leave it just yet. I may as well speak to him, it’s not going to make much difference to me now… Maybe he’ll cheer me up. I had a lot of thinking to do before I faced the management about why I drove out of the arena. Seth poked his head round the door and then walked in, instantly noticing something was wrong.

"What's up?" Seth asked me, sitting next to me on the sofa. Did I want to tell him the truth?

"Too much to explain now. Its a long story." I said, realising he looked upset too. "More importantly, what's up with you?"

"I think I might break up with Leighla." He said, rendering me speechless. "I have feelings for another woman." My jaw dropped open but by the unchanged look on his face, he was used to that reaction. He just waited in silence for my answer.

"You're sure?" I managed to spit out after a few seconds. What on earth was going on with everyone today? No-one seemed to be themselves recently, everyone had problems or was trying to fix everyone else’s problems.

"Sure." He said quickly, a small smile appearing on his face as he spoke about this mystery woman. "She's just what I wanted in a woman and I never even realised. Leighla and I have had too many problems recently and I just can’t deal with her anymore. This woman has made me realise Leighla isn't right for me."

"Wow." I mumbled. "She must be some woman." Like Lucy I thought. Sitting here, looking at Seth smiling about a girl made my mind float to Lucy. She's been there for me when my best friends weren't. She left a meal to make sure I was ok. She stood in front of the car to stop me driving away without talking to her. She listened to me talk about Mila even when I'd embarrassed her in front of our friends. She'd forgiven me for my rudeness and ruthless aggression... She was perfect.

"And she loves going to the gym!" Seth finished listing off everything good about her. I'd missed most if it because I was in my thoughts but he was smiling cheekily at me so I just carried on like I had been listening.

"So who is this lady? When will I have the pleasure to meet her?" I gulped down the sad feeling I had as Mila sprung to mind and tried to carry on like everything was fine... Like I normally do. I never told anyone about her, I never had the chance to show her off to my friends like Seth keeps getting to do; He did it with Leighla and he will sure as hell do it with this girl too.

"That’s the best bit! You've already met her!" Seth chuckled like a toddler. I raised an eyebrow.

"I have? Who is it?" I said, feeling quite excited for him.

"It's... Well it's..." He took a big breath in and out. He was really nervous to tell me! "And please don't hate me for saying it..." He said, delaying the inevitable. "It's Lucy." The smile on my face dropped and my jaw dropped open.

"Lucy?" I repeated, making sure I'd heard him right.

"Yeah!"

"The 'newbie wrestler' that you didn't think would fit in at parties?" I said, reminding him of the hurtful things he'd said to her before.

"Yeah..." He sounded less excited every time.

"Does she like you back?" I asked carefully, trying to hide the feeling I had in my stomach that told me I should tell him she likes me and ruin his hopes of getting with her.

"I dont know, I'm hoping to speak to her about it soon." He said, the smile slowly reappearing. He studied my expression. "You're not happy are you?"

"Thats not it." I said, trying to cover up that I wanted to say she was mine. "I just don't think you should break up with Leighla if you haven't even found out if she likes you!"

"Why does everyone keep saying that?!" Seth exclaimed, slamming his hand down on the arm rest. "I'm not five years old! I know my own feelings!" But you don't know hers and she just admitted to me only minutes ago that she likes me. Just tell him Roman, don’t be the guy who leaves his friend to find out the difficult way.

"You might but does she?" I said cryptically. I didn't want to come out right with it and upset the one thing he was happy about. Could I?

"Well I'll just ask her after the event today. Not too soon and not too late. Gives me time to think of something to say." Seth said, getting excited as he talked about it. Tell him! Tell him the truth.

"Well, I don't want to ruin your happiness but..." I said and watched his face drop. How could I be the one to shatter his hopes right in front of him? "There are rumours going around that she likes someone here." The sad look turned to one of determination.

"Well I'm going to make sure I get to her first." Seth said, determination on his face. “After WWE Live tonight I’m going to ask her on a date.”