Chapter 40 - Getting Ready

My alarm clocked buzzed, waking me up instantly. Normally I would snooze it and go back to sleep for a while, but not today. Today was a huge day and the adrenaline and excitement were already running through me. I turned my alarm off and jumped out of bed, running into the bathroom to get ready. After a quick shower, I dried myself and put some baggy clothes on; I didn’t need to dress up for now because I was heading to the arena for the pay-per-view and my hair and make-up was going to be done there. TLC was happening today. I was about to go out there and fight for the Divas Title against Paige in front of the biggest audience yet. I couldn’t be happier.

Well… I could be.

I’d been ignoring Roman and Seth for the last few days while I desperately tried to focus on my training for TLC and tried to work out my feelings for each person. Roman was my boyfriend, the one person I looked forward to seeing and spending days off with. I loved being in his company and hugging him and kissing him. Being without him had made me feel like I’d lost part of me and after everything we had been through in this small time I knew why. Seth on the other hand had been the guy I’d had a school-girl crush on but never acted upon it because of Roman – well until this storyline came up. Since that moment we acted upon our feelings, he was the one I couldn’t get out of my head. I wondered if that was purely because Roman had taken a turn for the worse with paranoia and kept pestering me, thinking I was going to leave him for Seth. What he didn’t realise was by doing that he was only making me want to run off. I needed them both to stay out of my head today. I needed to focus. I grabbed my bag, keys and coat and rushed to my car, throwing everything in the passenger seat and drove to the arena. My palms were sweaty, my heart was beating rapidly and my chest felt tight. This was it.

***

I sat in the chair as my hair and makeup were being done and scrolled through twitter. I saw that TLC was already trending worldwide and people were predicting who was going to win in what matches. There were a mix of results for mine and Paige’s match, some thinking I was going to win the title, others thinking Paige would keep it but some were thinking we were going to be sabotaged somehow. Where people get these ideas from was beyond me but it was pretty cool. I decided then to scroll down my notifications – I didn’t do this often because it was normally full of fans asking random questions about my life that I don’t want to answer. After all, it was this social media site that caused a problem between Seth, Leighla and I in the beginning. I read a few good luck comments and decided to retweet them, fans are what make you and there was no point in never interacting with them. I replied to a few and followed a few fans that had created twitter accounts all about me – a strange thing to see but it made me happy. It made me happy to think that people actually watched WWE to see me, that people bought my merchandise and would say to people that I was their favourite Diva.

*Wishing my tag team partner the best of luck today. #DivasChampionLucy #TeamLuth*

The tweet caught my eye, a picture of Seth and I celebrating in the ring after beating Dean and Paige attached. What was he trying to do? What was he trying to prove? This wasn’t in the script, this wasn’t a character tweet. He tweeted this off his own back knowing Leighla and Roman and Dean and Paige were all going to read it. Hundreds of thousands of people were going to see this and retweet it and get into their brains that there was something going on between Seth and I.

*Good luck babe! #Lucy4DivasChamp*

Another tweet, this one was Roman. The fact I was trying to keep them off my mind wasn’t working and reading all this was only making it worse. How could I forget about them both when they were here in the arena too, getting ready to fight their matches too? Roman was having a title reign, Seth was fighting Dean and I was here for the title too. No doubt I was going to bump into them, I could see it was going to happen and then my brain wouldn’t be 100% focussed on beating Paige’s ass.

“Lucy?” There was a knock at the door and I looked up to the mirror to see Mark in the reflection. I offered a small smile because the makeup artist was currently working and I didn’t want to talk and move and ruin all her work. “I just need to run something by you before you go out there. Creative have added something to your storyline, it’s not much but it seems to fit so well especially with what is going on in your lives currently.”

“I’ll leave you to it, I’ll be back in a few minutes.” The make-up artist said with a smile, walking out of the room with the hairdresser. Mark must have given them that look, because they couldn’t get out of the room quick enough. Mark sat beside me, one of his deviously genius smiles plastered on his face.

“Mark, you guys are killing me with last minute changes!” I said with a smirk. “Lucky I can keep up!”

“I know Lucy.” He laughed.

“Alright, what’s changed then?” I crossed one leg over the other and clasped my hands. If I wasn’t nervous enough, now everything was going to change.

“It’s only because of Nikki Bella’s injury; we’re one match down for TLC. We thought she would be back by now but she isn’t, so Creative looked at all the matches and your one with Paige was the one we could add too. Now the entire match is going to be the same, the winner is still going to be the same but instead of just walking off and starting the next match, we’re going to have some drama happen in the ring.” Mark had hope sparkling in his eyes and I knew I couldn’t do anything but agree. I nodded my head. “After the match, you’re going to jump Paige again and do as you did at the contract signing. Dean is again going to run out and help Paige and Seth is going to run out and help you.”

“So the contract signing is basically happening again?” I said, unsure as to whether the WWE Universe would like watching that again.

“But worse, I want you to beat into her, I want you to punch Dean, I want Dean to punch you. I want mayhem.” The way he said it sent shivers down my spine. This sounded amazing, exciting and terrifying all at once.

“Sounds good to me. I’m happy to do all that.” I said without thinking, suddenly realising again that I would be spending more time with Seth and Team Luth was going to become an even bigger thing in my life.

“But that’s not all.” Mark said, like he was pitching a movie idea to a direction. The plot twist was coming. “You and Seth will stand tall over the two of them and Roman is going to come out, mic in hand and he’s going to target Seth, saying he’s getting too close to you and the only reason he couldn’t help before was because of his title reign matches. Roman is going to come into the ring and fight Seth.” My mouth dropped open and words couldn’t string together in my mind.

“W-w-why?”

“Everyone has seen how you and Seth are close on social media, Team Luth is really getting into people’s minds and they love it. The WWE Universe, though, also knows you and Roman are a couple and he must be so mad at Seth, so what better thing to do than put reality into our fictional world.” Mark smiled as he stood up.

“Anyway, I need to tell Paige what’s happening, Seth and Roman already know.” He opened the door to my dressing room. “Oh, and there’s going to be a surprise part at the end, Seth will tell you. I don’t want to ruin it, we want a genuine reaction from you.” He showed the hair and makeup artists back into the room and shut the door behind them.

This was going to be insane.