Chapter 42 - Party Time!

TLC had ended and once again, Rosa took it upon herself to plan a night out for all of us to celebrate doing a pay-per-view. I’m sure she’d plan a night out every time we got in the ring if she could but who could blame her? We always had a brilliant night out. Last time we went out, I thought Leighla was going to kill me, Roman said we had feelings for each other, I managed to get Dean and Paige back together and managed to get snubbed at Truth or Dare when Roman left me hanging and Seth came to cheer me up. Actually, let’s hope this one had less drama!
I put on my floor length black dress that had a cut out design around the stomach area and a slit that went up to my knee on the left side and paired it with my favourite black platform boots, adding a gold statement necklace and bracelet. I struggled for a good few minutes trying to do the zip up at the back; whoever thought girls arms were able to zip up a dress from the back with no issue obviously needed a brain check because I worked up quite a sweat. After finally managing to zip up my dress, I admired myself in the mirror - My hair was in a messy yet perfect side fishtail plait and my makeup was done in neutral colours; smoky eyes using browns and pink lip tint to give my lips some colour without being too dramatic. A knock at the door drew me from my thoughts and I walked over to the hotel room door. Roman was meeting me at the hotel room so we could get the car to the party together. I pulled the door open confidently, a smile plastered on my face that dropped as soon as I saw it wasn’t Roman at the door, it was Seth.

“Holy shit you look good.” He said, letting himself into the room without even so much as a ‘Hello’. He sat on the bed and took one last long look at me.

“Yes, hello to you too.” I said, shutting the door and walking over to him. “What are you doing here?” He looked a little taken aback by the way I’d spoken to him but he smirked nonetheless.

“My car won’t start so Roman said I could get in the car with you guys.” Seth smiled. “I thought he’d told you.”

“Does it look like he told me?” I said, laughing at the end of it. “Well, he text me saying he was going to be about five minutes so let’s just make sure we’re ready.” I walked back over to the floor length mirror and checked my makeup once more, making sure there wasn’t anything I’d missed. A pair of arms wrapped around my waist and I choked on my breath.

“You look amazing.” Seth whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine as goosebumps appeared over my skin.

“T-T-Thank you.” I stuttered, too overwhelmed by the moment to be able to speak properly. I looked at his reflection in the mirror and saw the desire in his eyes. He spun me round to face him and took a step closer to me, his hand tracing the cut out parts of my dress making my skin tingle. His lips crashed into mine without a warning and once again, I accepted it without any regard. I pulled him into me and wrapped my arms around him, feeling his clothed body as much as I could as his hands did the same to me.

“Why did you do this to me?” Seth pulled away from the kiss to ask, as he gazed into my eyes.

“Do what?” I said, feeling guilty despite not knowing what he was talking about.

“Dress like this and then you’ll spend the night with Roman.” He said, making it sound like torture. “I’m going to have to sit there and pretend it doesn’t bother me when your lips touch him instead of me.”

“Seth…” I said, stroking his hand with the back of my fingers. “You know-” My sentence was cut short by knocking at the door.

“Shit.” We both muttered as Seth ducked into the bathroom and locked the door. I straightened my dress back out and quickly checked my makeup before I opened the door to Roman.

“Wow, you look amazing.” Roman beamed as he walked in and I shut the door. I walked over to him and he pulled me into him, kissing me softly. “That dress looks perfect on you.”

“Thank you Roman.” I blushed. “You don’t look too bad yourself.” I placed another soft kiss on his lips before I pulled away to grab my gold clutch bag. “Oh and Roman, thanks for telling me about Seth.” I said sarcastically as I heard the sound of the taps running.

“Oh yeah, right. Sorry about that.” He laughed, scratching the back of his neck. “His car wouldn’t start and I couldn’t leave him to get a cab.” Seth flung the bathroom door open and held his arms out, hugging Roman quickly.

“You finally arrived then.” Seth laughed. “You spend more time getting ready than Lucy, you know.”

“No, I was running late after a promo!” Roman defended his actions with venom in his tone.

“Alright!” Seth said, carefully. “I was only joking Rome.” Roman offered a sorry smile and patted Seth on the shoulder.

“I know, man. I’m sorry. I’ve been so stressed recently…” He ran his hand through his hair. “I need this night out!” His gaze went down to the floor and an awkward silence took over the room like a fog. I swallowed hard as I noticed Seth checking me out once again. He was pushing it with Roman in the room and if anything happened between them of course I’d have to side with Roman, we’re meant to be a couple. I mean we are a couple.

“How are you feeling?” Roman asked me as I fiddled about with the stitching of my clutch bag. I looked up at him in confusion, wondering what he was talking about. “After that spear?” He looked nervous, I bet it had played on his mind that he’d actually hurt me.

“Fine! It’s definitely a power move.” I laughed. I didn’t want to tell him I had the bruises to prove it, it was my fault for not landing it properly. I actually blame Creative for thinking it was a good idea to let Roman ‘The Powerhouse’ Reigns spear little old me in the first place, then not tell me until one second before it was going to happen so I didn’t have enough time to prepare it. Seth gave me a look that said he didn’t believe what I said, but as always Roman believed every word of it.

“Oh thank God. I was worried that I’d hurt you.” Relief washed over him, but Seth still gave me the unconvinced look. I smiled at him and turned towards the door.

“Shall we go?” I said, unlocking the door and opening it. “I’m sure the car must be waiting.” We left the room and walked into the reception, noticing a black car parked right in front of the main glass doors.

“That’s probably ours.” Roman checked his phone and walked out ahead of Seth and I to talk to the driver.

“You’re a terrible liar.” Seth said through a half closed mouth, trying to make it look like we weren’t talking to each other.  I looked at him and bit my lips together. “That spear hurt, didn’t it?” I couldn’t lie to Seth as easily as I could to Roman but I had no idea why.

“Yeah, like hell and I’ve got bruises to prove it. I didn’t land as well as I should have.” I said, looking down at the floor. “Please don’t tell him though. I don’t want him to worry.”

“I want to see it.” Seth said, his body tensed a little. “When we get to the party. I’ll let you know how bad it is.” My heart fluttered with nerves. I didn’t want anyone to see it, it was only a bruise! Everyone gets bruises especially in our job!

“It’s fine, Seth. I’m fine.” I smiled at Roman as he gestured for us to get in the car. Roman climbed into the passenger seat next to the driver.

“I’m seeing it.” Seth ordered as he pulled the door open for me, I got in the car and as Seth shut the door, he looked into my eyes with so much emotion. I think he’s genuinely worried about me.