Chapter 48 - Fixing Things

The bell rang three times to signal the beginning of the match and Paige smirked at me. She was just as excited as I was for this storyline, it was going to send our careers and the divas division soaring - as long as the crowd loved it. My mind was running wild with things as we began the match; I was being constantly reminded that my best friend was in the first row watching my every move, I was thinking about what Seth had said to me and despite our problems he wanted us to try and be friends again AND I was desperately trying to remember all my moves and lines for this incredible story line. Paige dived at me and put me in an arm lock almost instantly. I struggled to get out of it, which wasn't normal for me, and pushed her away from me.

"What's the matter, Lucy? Have you finally realised I'm so much better than you?" Paige said as if she was talking to a child. "I'm the Divas champion and you're definitely not taking that away from me!"

"Only because you cheated!" I shouted, running at her and knocking her onto the floor. I grabbed her hair and hit her head against the floor before punching her over and over. The referee pulled me away from her and gave me a warning. Paige and I locked up and struggled as we both tried to get the upper hand. I let go and delivered a quick jab to her stomach, making her double over before I attempted a roll up pin.

"One... Two..." Paige kicked out with a lot of force and knocked me back a little. Paige kneed me in the head quickly, climbed to the top rope and delivered a huge elbow to my head. She tried to put me in her submission manoeuvre but I managed to wriggle myself away and clung onto the bottom rope for dear life. This match was intense, even if it was only a small one!

"This is my house!" Paige shouted, causing the audience to cheer. I pulled myself up and summoned the strength to do a spinning clothesline which knocked her down suddenly. I jumped over to her and put her in her own submission manoeuvre to the shock of the audience who began to cheer and scream and shout. Paige raised her hand to tap out but we were interrupted.

YOU CAN LOOK BUT YOU CANT TOUCH echoed the arena as Nikki and Brie Bella ran out and into the ring. Nikki kicked me in the head and I dropped Paige out of the hold, falling to the floor myself. The bell rang, signalling the end of the match. I'd won, but only by disqualification.

"Look here, Miss New Girl..." Nikki started on the mic. "I don't know who you think you are but how dare you stroll up and get handed a divas title match when divas like me and my sister here have been working our butts off for years for this opportunity!" Nikki handed the mic to Brie and began kicking me while I was down.

"Yeah you tell her Nikki." She beamed. "And as for you, Paige, you can't even defend yourself against a newbie! How pathetic!" Nikki and Brie let out perfectly matched childish giggles. "If this girl can beat you, we'll be able to win the title off you easily!" Brie handed the mic back to Nikki, who walked away from me and over to Paige, who was still in pain on the floor.

"Say goodbye to your title." She smiled. "We've spoken to Stephanie McMahon and she's more than happy to give us a title run."

I stood up with the final ounce of strength I had left and grabbed a mic.

"Well at least I earned my place." I said as I tried to catch my breath. "I fought Paige fair and square twice before our title match and I won both of those. In fact, I'd be your Divas champ now if she hadn't cheated!" The crowd cheered me but booed Paige. "So I say you need to do more than kiss Steph's ass before you can jump in in front of me!" Nikki and Brie ran at me and knocked me back to the floor, kicking and punching me in the corner. A large roar erupted in the arena as Frenzy's music began to play and she ran out to help me. She threw Brie away from me with ease, before shoving Nikki to the side and standing in front of me to protect me. The crowd went wild as Stephanie's music played and she walked out onto the ramp wearing a pinstripe dress suit. She looked confident and slightly cocky, like she had a plan up her sleeve.