Chapter 2 - They're All Animals

Word Count :  4092

We were still upstairs and Tohru was still surrounded by a dog, a rat and a cat. The doorbell rang and she picked up the animals and ran downstairs and I followed quickly after her hoping it didn't get worse..

"Hello! Package for you from Speedy Delivery!" The voice from below called out. Without dropping them, Tohru runs down stairs holding onto all of the animals. I slowly follow watching the scene unfold.

"They're all animals!" She yells, freaking the delivery guy a bit.

"Yes ma'am, I see you have some animals" he says, seeming a little confused."Could you sign this please?" He holds up a package.

"No what I mean is-" Tohru tries to explain but Shigure in his dog form stamped the box.

"Thank you for delivering this and have a nice day." I say, deciding to intervene, pushing him to the gate without touching him so I do not transform as well. Taking the box made my way to the porch where Tohru had fallen to the floor.

"We can't even make a good cover story if you jerks transform too!" The cat yells.

"You're the one who slipped up first." the rat argues

"Excuse me!"

"Well, better to just tell her than to make up a story she won't believe." The dog tells them.

"What do you mean she? There are two of them!" The cat yells back.

One of the down sides to never meeting most of the zodiacs they didn't even know I existed. "I am a spirit too." I tell him.

"Well as you can see, I have the dog spirit, Yuki-kun is the rat spirit and Kyo Sohma over there has the cat spirit. We are all possessed. Others in the Sohma family are possessed by the other zodiac spirits, too. It has run in the family for hundreds of years now. It doesn't give us any especially cool powers, though. Pretty much all we can do is communicate with our respected animals." Shigure explains looking over at Tohru who looked a little more confused than before. I guess she did not know that they could talk like normal people when transformed.

"We transform when we are hugged by someone of the opposite sex. We turned back into a human after a while- '' Shigure continued but when he stopped talking I immediately closed my eyes and used my hands to cover Tohru's eyes.

I could hear the puff of smoke knowing they were back to normal.

"Completely naked, I'm afraid." He finishes

"Put some clothes on!" I yell at them.

---

After everyone had gotten dressed we were all sitting inside, except Kyo who was sulking in the porach near the doorway.

"Sorry you had to see that. Are you feeling a bit calmer now?" Shigure asks.

"I've mostly processed it." Tohru answers. Surprisingly she was taking it quite well considering her classmates and their cousins just turned into animals.

"It does take a while to understand. Even if we are born with it it takes a bit of time to fully understand." I told her.

"Man Kyo, you're such an idiot. Should a trained martial artist be so easy for a girl to sneak up on. You really have eyes for no one but Yuki." Shigure teases.

From the few minutes that I have met Kyo he seemed to get angry very easily and what Shigure just said didn't help.

"Don't make it sound creepy! And don't blame me. What the hell are girls doing here in the first place?" Kyo argues .