Chapter 17 - What's Important Is...

Word Count :  2133

Tohru, Yuki and I had gone out to do the groceries since we were low on food. It had started raining and none of us were wearing rain jackets or had umbrellas. We were now standing under a roof outside waiting for the rain to stop.

"The rain should stop soon. Let's wait a little longer." Yuki says, looking at the sky.

"Okay."

"Say it's almost time for the final exam." He mentions. Tohru frowns, she was always worried when it came to exams.

"It'll be fine, Tohru." I told her. She smiles

"We have student council elections before that, though." She points out.

"Yeah" Yuki sighs.

"Did the president come talk to Yuki about that?" I remember, earlier during the week the president had started demanding Yuki to be the new president.

"Mmh, President Takei-san insists that Yuki be his successor, but I suppose it's not something you want to do, is it?" Tohru wonders.

"You're right. I don't know what he and the others expect of me, but they got the wrong idea about me. It bothers me. The real me is more..." He trails off.

"More what?"

"Nothing, nevermind." He smiles.

"Okay! The rain seems to be tapering off." Tohru says.

"Is that Haru?" I ask, pointing across the street to a person.

"Ah, it's Yuki." Haru says. He wasn't wearing his jacket and had it bundled in his arms. He was drenched from the rain.

"Haru!"

"Hatsuharu-san!"

"What are you doing out in the rain?" Haru asks us.

"What are you doing? You soaked. Are you lost again?" Yuki questions. Tohru pulls out her handkerchief and starts drying his face.

"Looking for something. I was looking for this one." he explains. He pulls back his jacket in his arms revealing a tiger.

"What a cute cat!" Tohru excalims.

"That's a tiger, right? I'm not picturing it." I ask.

"Honda-san, that's a tiger." Yuki tells her.

"Huh."

"Kisa Sohma, a tiger. Her bites hurt." Haru adds.

"S-so she must be the tiger zodiac " Tohru gasps, "Nice to meet you, I'm Tohru Honda." She greets. Tohru reaches out to pet Kisa.

"Tohru maybe don-" I tried to tell her but it was too late. Kisa bit her hand. Tohru lets out a small gasp of pain and proceeds to pass out.

"Honda-san!"

---

When we arrived at the house the sun had already come out. We were sitting in the main room with the doors open letting the sun come in and warm the room. I was sitting next to Tohru bandaging her hand. Kisa was sitting in the corner of the room facing the wall with her back to us.

"Oh no, you got bitten." Shigure says, looking at me, banding her hand.

"Y-yes. I-I-It surprised me." Tohru stutters.

"Kisa, come here and apologize." Yuki orders.

"U-um, I'm fine, really." Tohru tells him

"Kisa!"