Chapter 28 - Let's Start The Watermelon Splitting Contest!

Word Count : 2094

We were spending another day on the beach since the weather was allowing it. Tohru, Kisa, and I were passing a beach ball back and forth. Haru, Yuki, Kyo, and Momiji had gone out to do some shopping. Hiro was off to the side on the phone with his mother.

"What?! Are you sure? You know you have a tendency to jump to conclusions." Hiro says. We paused to listen to what Hiro was saying. We were unable to hear what his mother was saying so we were only getting half the conversation. "Yeah, okay. Uh, be careful not to trip." and with that he hangs up the phone.

"Hiro-chan, what happened?" Kisa asks, worried.

"My mom's pregnant." Hiro responds. It takes a moment for us to understand what he said.

"What?!" We all shout.

"She went to the doctor thinking she caught a cold but found out she was pregnant." He explains.

"Congratulations Hiro-chan!"

"You need to think of a name!"

"What a surprise."

"I'm sure the baby will take after you and be so cute." Tohru smiles.

"Hang on! Stop making it sound like I'm having a baby."

"Congrats. Satsuki-san is so young." Shigure says. He was sitting on the stairs up to the road.

"Will you cut it out? That's my mom and you're giving me the creeps!" Hiro shouts.

"Uncle Shigure, when did you get here?" Kisa questions.

"I just arrived."

"Aren't you going to go swimming?" He was not wearing any bathing suit, just his usual kimono he wears at home.

"Hmm? I'm not a very good swimmer."

"I see, so you're sunbathing, then?" Tohru guesses.

"More like, admiring swimsuits." Shigure smiles. It didn't take long for Hiro to start walking away taking Kisa with him. "It was a joke."

"I don't think Hiro found it funny."

"It really is such wonderful news!" Tohru cheers, getting back on the topic about HIro's mother.

"Sure is. By the way Tohru-kun, where is everyone?" Shigure asks.

"They went out for groceries."

"Then it's just the three of us now, isn't it." He smiles.

"Huh?"

"Shigure, please don't say stuff like that?" I told him.

"Then we should go on a date." He smiles. "Joking, just teasing." We looked up to see that behind Shigure the boys were back from their shopping trip. They all held on to two watermelons. Haru and Momiji both had popsicles as well.

"Want some ice cream?" Momiji asks.

"Don't do it, Sensei. You're an adult." Haru says, Both Kyo and Yuki were glaring at Shigure.

---

"What? Hiro's mommy is going to have a baby?!" We all were heading back to the house. Tohru and I had helped carry the watermelons from the store since Haru and Yuki were carrying two.

"Yes, I wonder if it will be a boy or a girl."

"Either would be nice! But if it were a girl it would be sad that he can't hold her. At least it won't be born with a spirit, so the baby won't make Hiro's mommy sad." Momiji says.