Chapter 41 - That's An Unwavering Truth

Word Count :  3309

"What's this?" Shigure asked, looking at the table which was covered in paper flowers.Tohru and I sat around the table in the main room folding and making paper flowers for the school's graduation ceremony coming up in the next couple of days. "You're making paper flowers? That's a blast from the past. Are they for school?"

"Yes! There for the graduation ceremony." Tohru replied.

"Our class was in charge of flower decorations." I added.

"Preparing for graduations already, eh? You'll all be in your third year soon. Time sure flies. Hey, mind if I try opening one up?" Shigure asked, sitting down at the table.

"Not at all! Go right... ahead..." Tohru stuttered. Shigure grabbed one of the red ones and started folding and opening it. "Sh-Shigure-san..." Tohru started.

"Yes?"

"Uh, well..." She tried saying something, before jumping up in the air. "Um, alright, I-I'll go make some tea!" She offered. Shigure nodded and Tohru headed off to the kitchen to make tea.

"Yeah, I guess that's a difficult topic to ask about." Shigure said, after a moment of silence. He looked over at me. "You would know better than most. I don't see why she just doesn't ask you."

"Probably why she wasn't able to ask you. She doesn't know who to ask or how to ask. It's a lot of information to process and I don't want to force her to talk about it. Might as well let her process it and talk about it when she's ready." I explained, my attention going back to the flowers.

---

Now that Tohru knows, would it be wrong to hide it from the others? They're part of this curse and family. Is it okay if someone who isn't cursed and not a part of the Sohma family knows more than them.

I was walking in the halls back to class and I looked up seeing Tohru walking alone. I had almost walked into her.

"I thought Momiji was with you?" I asked, seeing that Momiji was no longer with her.

"He went back to class with Hatsuharu-san." She explained.

"Then shall we head back to class together?" I offered. She nodded and smiled and we headed over to class. Neither of us talked and the whole way to class we walked in an awkward silence. We eventually made it to the door as a group of three girls bolted out of the classroom. I watched them run past Tohru and I and down the stairs.

"Stop, thieves!" One of Kyo's friends yelled.

"Give them back!" We made our way into the class confused.

"Damn it! They must have been waiting until most of our class was gone." One of the other boys complained.

"What just happened?" Tohru asked

"Why were people running away from the class?" I questioned.

"They stole all the flowers Yuki made." Kyo's friend responded.

"Huh?!" Tohru and I gasped.

"W-Why would they do that?" Tohru questioned.

"Well..."

"Because he's their Prince." Hanajima and Uotani answered, at the same time.

"You should teach them a lesson, Hanajima-san." Kyo's friend suggested.

"Why bother? There's no benefit in it for me." She told him.

"Now we're short on a bunch of flowers. There's only one thing left to do." Uotani said. She raised her hand and pointed to Kyo. "You need to pick up the slack, Kyon!"