Chapter 7 - Spring Comes

Word Count : 2045

Tohru and I served tea while everyone was sitting around the table.

"Thank you."

I sit down as Tohru finishes the last cup.

"Hey. Your name is 'Shigure', right? What's your job?" Uotani asks.

"Me? I'm a writer. A novelist."Shigure replies.

"You're a novelist!" Tohru shouts.

"Why are you so shocked?" Uotani wonders.

"You didn't know, did you?" Hanajima guesses.

"You said it was high literature, right?" Yuki asks.

"His books are terrible." I mumble.

"That hurts." Shigure says having heard me. He reaches into his kimono. "Stories like this." He says showing everyone the book he pulled out. Everyone froze seeing it.

"Oops! sorry, wrong book." He laughs before pulling out another. "This is the real one. I just wrote that one for fun." He explains.

"So the fact remains that you wrote it." Yuki points out

Hanajima grabs the book that everyone was freaking out over and starts reading it.

"But authors are so impressive! I never dreamed I might personality know one." Tohru praises

"I know right." Shigure smiles

"Honda-san, he'll get a big head if you praise him too much." Yuki tells her.

"Shigure already has a big head 24/7." Kyo says.

"Oh! I just thought of something fun. Wait just a minute." Tohru says before running off.

"Well, I have to go out for a while, so you'll have to excuse me.you young people enjoy yourselves." Shigure says before he too heads off.

"It looks like Tohru is fitting in pretty well here. I'm glad for that and I know she only kept it from us so we wouldn't worry. But we swore to her that we'd help her if her back was ever against a wall. Maybe that sounds over dramatic to you, but the thing is, Tohru was the first friend we ever had. And she saved us in a lot of ways. So I hate that we couldn't help this time. It's like Tohru does all the work and she can't count on us for anything. Like are we worth being friends with?" Uotani tells us.

"You know she's not the kind of girl who sweats stuff like that." Kyo says

"Honda-san isn't the type to ask for the moon." Yuki tells them

"There was a time when I was in the same situation as Tohru. My father died when I was younger so it was just me and my mother. Unlike Tohru I didn't make any friends and I was all alone. One day my mother died. I was all alone, no one was there for me. I was sent to live with the Sohma's because they were the only family I had. I can see the difference between the two of us. She had you guys, so to answer your question you deserve to be her friend." I explained, I felt the pain in my heart talkin about my mother.

"Sorry for the wait. Let's get started." Tohru says, joining us again. This time she wasn't empty handed, she had a deck of cards. "Rich-man Poor-man."

"That's a great idea, Tohru-kun"

"Nice! I'll make a sucker out of Carrots again"

"I'll show you. And if I win, you better dye your hair black."

---

After cleaning up, Uotani and Hanajima went to get ready for bed in Tohru's room. I was standing in the hallway when Kyo walked over.