Chapter 3 - Let's Play Rich Man-Poor Man!

Word Count : 2457

The cultural festival is coming up and everyone is starting to get busy at school. The classes were already voting on what the activities were going to be.

"It's official, our class has voted to operate a rice ball stand. I would like to hear everyone's opinion on what fillings we will be using." Yuki tells the class, circling the choice that had the most votes.

"How about tricoloured rice balls? It would be fun to have three fillings in one rice ball! And it would be a good deal." Tohru suggested.

"That's cute, I like it."

"It sounds so good." I say giving her a thumbs up.

"Seriously? We should drop the idea, Yuki-kun." One of the girls on the other side of the classroom says.

"What if she suggests tuna, kelp, and pickled plum combos?" The other one adds.

"How gross." They comment laughing.

Without hesitation Uotani interrupts their laughter by slamming a steel pipe on the desk. "The gross things here are your personalities, morons." She comments glaring at them.

"Who brings a steel pipe to school?" They yell.

"How about battle rice balls?" Kyo offers from the back of the class.

"Battle?"

Oh no Kyo. What are you thinking now?

"One on one matches, the first one to score wins. The only rule is no killing. Weapons are allowed." Kyo says rather confidently, considering how stupid his idea was sounding.

"Idea rejected." the whole class said.

"Honestly Kyo, where do you get these ideas?" I mumble, shaking my head.

"What's with the attitude?! I am cooperating and giving my ideas." He yells.

"What if we mix in some duds?" Yuki says "That way people who buy three could choose one more for free, but some of the choices are duds." explaining his idea to the rest of us.

"Ideas accepted." The class cheered.

"Why'd you accept his idea?" Kyo yells.

"Yours was too weird, Kyon-Kyon," his friend says.

"Don't pout about it Kyon-Kyon." the other one teases.

"Don't call me that!"

"Don't get mad Kyon-Kyon."

"Look cats." one of the girls says pointing to Kyo and there were around five or six cats surrounding him on his desk and even on him.

"When'd they get here?"

"Where did they come from?"

"How cute!"

The comments were bothering Kyo that he finally had enough "Forget this!" He yells running out of the class away from everyone again.

"Wait Kyon-Kyon! What's with the cats?" One of his friends calls out.

"Very odd" Hanajima speaks up, scaring Tohru.

"Don't worry, you're way ahead of him in oddness." Uotani says. Looking over at Yuki and back at the place where Kyo ran out. "He's really hot tempered though? The polar opposite of the prince."

---

After the class meeting was done I decided to go look around the school to see if I could find where Kyo had run off to. After searching the building for a bit it suddenly clicked that he would head to the roof sometimes at the house.