Chapter 47 - Epilogue

I walked along the sidewalk peacefully. I stopped to stare at the ocean in front of me. It was beautiful, the sun was shining off the water making it sparkle. 

I glanced at my hand, staring at the ring on my finger

I glanced at my hand, staring at the ring on my finger. I smiled knowing the significance of it. Some time had passed since the curse has broken and all of us zodiac members have started to find happiness. Hatori and Mayu, Shigure and Akito, Ritsu and Mitsuru, Yuki and Machi, Ayame and Mine, Haru and Rin, Kisa and Hiro, even Momiji and Tohru. Kagura was still alone but she looked happy and free the last time I saw her. I opened the bag I was carrying to double check I had everything I had bought.

Tomatoes, cabbage, eggplant, peppers...

"I can make a nice meal with these for dinner tonight." I continued walking up the hill. I stopped when I spotted him. Kyo was walking not too far ahead of me.

"Kyo!" I called out. He turned around and spotted me.

"Hey!" he waved. I ran over quickly, hugging him tightly. He hugged me back. We stayed like that for a minute before I released him. "I'm currently on my way to the apartment. Are you heading home, too?" He asked.

"Yes!" I smiled.

"You are heading home earlier than usual." He pointed out.

"Yes, you're right." I said, bouncing up and down. It had been a really good day and seeing Kyo made me really happy. "We can make dinner together." I suggested.

"That sounds nice. I suggest you stop bouncing so you conserve your energy for making dinner." He said.

"Probably the best idea." I agreed and we started walking home.

"What's in the bag? If you want I can carry it for you."

"Don't worry, it's not heavy for me. I stopped by the grocery store one my way home from work. They were having a small sale across the street and they gave a larger discount then suppose to but when I tried to turn it down they wouldn't accept it." I explained.

"Same here." He held out his bag of food to me. I looked inside.

"Fish."

"Yeah, they said it was a gift for doing good work. After all, to them we are still kids."

"I hope that's not the reason. I like to think it's because we work hard." I said

"You sure." He questioned.

"You work really hard." I told him.

"Nevertheless..." He took my hand and gently placed a kiss on it. 

"You work hard, too

"You work hard, too." He told me. I smiled. I leaned in and kissed him.

"Thank you." I said when I pulled away. "Shall we go home now?" I asked.

"Lead the way."