Chapter 11 - This Is a Wonderful Inn

Word Count :  3951

The bell rang, signaling the end of the final exam. Today we were taking the finals for our year. The lists of the exams were written on the board and our homeroom teacher was sitting on her desk.

"Time's up." She calls out and the whole class lets out a sigh "Okay, pass your paper to the front." She tells us. We pass them up and she collects them and we are then free to talk amongst ourselves. Yuki and I were making our way over to Tohru to check up on how she did.

"Honda-san. How'd it go?" Yuki asks.

"It actually went really well. I filled in a lot more answers than usual." She cheers.

"Oh yeah? Good for you." Uotani says hugging her. Soon followed by Hanajima.

"I knew you had it in you."

"Yuki-kun and Ami tutored me. They explained things very clearly. Thank you very much." She thanks.

"It's no problem. It was a good way to study as well so you helped too." I told her.

"It was no big deal." Yuki smiles, causing his fangirls in the class to freak out.

"Say Hanajima-san, I bet you aced all your tests. You've got the wave thing, plus you seem pretty brainy." One of Kyo's friends says.

"How did your midterms go?" The other one asks.

"Let me see. As I recall I had to take review lessons every day, and the school called my parents. Yes, I remember my mother crying." Hanajima explains.

"There is no way it can be that bad." I mumble.

"Er... What about the wave thing?" the guy asks.

"The logical conclusion is that I am so dumb that my powers can't make up for it." She answers.

"Don't worry, Hanajima. You won't be the dumbest person in the room." Uotani says looking over at Kyo, who was chilling with his feet on his desk.

"Oi, you better not be talking about me." He says, notices her staring.

"Duh, who else would I mean?" She smiles. Kyo got angry and jumped out of his chair.

"I've never taken review lessons, and my parents have never been called!"

"Yeah, Kyon-Kyon is surprisingly a good student." His friends tease

"What's with the 'surprisingly'!" He yells at them.

"Wow, even though he sucks at competitive stuff"

"I'm just gonna throttle all of you." He yells

"Kyo's been staying in his room studying the last couple of days." I explained.

"Oh, so that's why." Tohru responds and I nod.

"So it would seem." Yuki sighs

"Honda!" The voice calling Tohru was the teacher standing in the doorway. "Come here for a sec." She says. Tohru and her head into the hallway. We were unable to hear them but we could see them talking and having their conversation. I see Tohru bow most likely apologizing for something. A moment later she enters back into the class joining us again.

"Is something wrong?" Yuki asks.

"Hmm..? Well, um..." She stutters before shouting. "...I'll pick up some extra hours."

"Huh?"

"Is that supposed to mean something?" I ask, worried about her behaviour.

"Swab swab, part time job." she smiles.