Chapter 37 - This Isn't What I Want

Word Count :  2663

"That's settled. We'll do Cinderella for our class play. We'll vote on the roles tomorrow, so think about it on your own. Okay, that's all for today." Yuki said to the class. A year had come around since the last one so we were back on track with planning what we will be doing in the school cultural festival.

"Cinderella, huh?"

"Makes sense, I guess."

"Cinderella... I'm sure it will be a wonderful play. Right Ami, Hana-chan, Uo-cha-" Tohru said. She stops when her eyes land on Uotani who looks annoyed.

"Do you not like Cinderella, Uotani?" I asked.

"There's nothing you can do, we voted on it, Arisa." Hanajima told her.

"Aw, man, I really wanted to do a drama! Mito Komon was on the list, wasn't it? I wanted to be the one to whip out the seal box." Uotani complained.

"Oh! You mean Suke-san?"

"But seriously, Cinderella?! We're way too old for this! Talk about cringe!" She yelled.

"Did you want to be the one to revel the seal box that badly, Arisa?"

"Umm... but I really look forward to finding out the role tomorrow." Tohru said.

"It's a given that the prince will play the prince." Uotani mentioned.

"Actually, I don't plan to accept any of the bigger roles. With the student council and everything, I just have too much on my plate to take on anything else." Yuki said, walking over and joining the conversation.

"The student council president has it rough, huh?" the sound of the classroom door opens and we all look over to see the school's student council vice president.

"Oh, there he is. Yun-Yun! Hey, You're going to be late for our meeting." He called out.

"Oh, sorry. Coming!"

"Umm.. Don't push yourself too hard." Tohru told him.

"I'll be fine thanks."

---

"Sorry, I'm late!" We had just finished voting for the roles of the play when Yuki rushed into the class.

"Thank you for coming, we're tallying the votes now." the class representative says. Yuki takes the paper from her and looks over the roles.

"All right, here's the main cast. Fairy Godmother: Yuki Sohma. Step sisters: Tohru Honda and Ami Sato."

"Ah!" We both gasped. Tohru was so shocked that she jumped out of her seat.

"Step mother: Minami Kinoshita."

So that's her name...

"Cinderella: Saki Hanajima. Prince: Kyo Sohma." It was dead silent when the names were read out loud.

"Wait just a damn minute!" Kyo shouted.

"Too late!" Yuki yelled before Kyo could argue.

"Aw, come on, Prince Kyon."

"You never know. You might be great, Prince Kyon"

"Quit laughing! What makes you think I can even act?!" Kyo shouted at his friends.

"Bet you'll get a lot of laughs."

"This fairy tail ain't a comedy."

"How wonderful you get to be cast as the prince! Master will be delighted!" I smiled at him.