Chapter 29 - Dog

Word Count :  1516

After a while of waiting everyone else returned. Tohru came back from her walk accompanied by Yuki. So we made the rest of the pancakes so everyone else could enjoy them as well. Everyone seemed to be having a lot of fun. Hatori even joined us, having arrived with Akito. Tohru and I stood next to each other enjoying the food. Tohru wasn't starting off lost in thought.

"Honda-kun?" Hatori calls out.

"Huh?" She snaps out of her thoughts and looks up at Hatori. "Wh- H-Hatori-san?!"

"You were spacing out." I told her.

"What's wrong? Do you have a headache?" He questions, being the doctor he was.

"Oh, no, that's not it! I was just... uh, er... I-I mean, Hatori-san, what brings you here?" Tohru asks.

"I came with Akito yesterday. This is the first chance I had to stop by."

"Oh, you came all the way here..."

"Sorry." Hatori apologises. "I know you came to have fun with everyone. I feel bad leaving you on your own."

"P-Please, you don't have to apologise! I have Kyo-kun and Ami, as well as time to do housework. I'm truly having fun!"

"Speaking of which. Ami." Hatori said, looking at me. I felt a small chill go up my spine. "Akito was asking about you."

"I figured as much." I sigh.

"Oh no! Did I cause problems by staying here with me?!" Tohru panics.

"Tohru! Don't panic, you did nothing wrong!" I told her worriedly.

"Calm down." Kyo mumbles from the couch.

"Thank you very much. I feel so blessed, so please don't worry." Hatori says, patting Tohru on the head. "I'll be leaving now. Kyo, don't leave them alone." he says and heads out. I was scared to see Akito. I normally wasn't scared, nervous sure but never scared. I wonder if I will see Akito on the trip. Would I get in trouble for not visiting? Did something happen when the others went to visit? Out of the corner of my eye I see Tohru walking into the kitchen to do the dishes. Everyone had already headed back to where Akito was staying but us three.

"Hey. Are you okay? You don't look so good." Kyo asks, walks over to me.

"I'm fine. I was just thinking about something." I smile.

Am I making him worry again?

He walks past me and goes looking through the cabinets

"Kyo! Would you like to go to the beach?" I suggest.

"Huh?"

"We don't have to swim. We can play in the sand."

"And... that would be fun?"