Chapter 31 - Fireworks

Word Count :  1988

"Bottle rockets, sparklers, roman candles..." Tohru says, listing off the different types of fireworks that were laid out on the floor. "There are so many."

"Why in the world did you buy so many fireworks?" Hiro asks.

"Kisa-san, which do you like?" Tohru ass.

"The sparklers!"

"You bought all these, Yuki?" Haru questions.

"No, Momiji did. Honda-san, I'm thinking of setting them off tomorrow night. How about it?" He replied.

"Why tomorrow?"

"Well, we're going home the day after tomorrow, right?" Yuki clarifies.

"Ahh!" Tohru shouts.

"So loud." Hiro comments.

"Did you forget?" I guessed.

"Y-yes completely." She stutters.

"I want to at least finish our trip with a happy memory, since you probably felt lonely because of our family drama." Yuki explains. Kisa held onto Tohru's arm.

"I-I-I'm so..." Tohru starts, before she starts crying tears of joy. "I'm so happy. I'm so happy I could spend my summer on this trip with everyone. I'm truly happy with just that. So... I'm really looking forward to the fireworks."

"Yeah."

"Oh, it's time for the Mogeta anime special! Kisa, let's watch!"

"Okay! Oh, Big Brother Momiji said he'd watch it, too." Kisa mentioned.

"Why don't you guys stay here and set it up and I'll go get him." I tell her, getting up and quickly head up the stairs so Momiji wouldn't miss too much of the show.

"Kyo, didn't Akito call you tomorrow?" I hear Momiji ask as I get closer.

"Nope." Kyo answers. I stay hidden listening to their conversation.

"Really? If I thought 'good for you' would you be mad?"

"I wondered why you all ditched Ami and Tohru as you were told, like good little kids." Kyo says. "But yeah, if you choose either of them over Akito, Akito would get mad, huh? That would just put them in more danger. You guys... even Yuki... You are all protecting them from Akito, mainly Tohru." Kyo explains.

"You make it sound like we are doing such a noble thing. But we're not. We've... I've been doing it all wrong. Even though I left her, I still want to make memories with Tohru. I'm so selfish. I just like her so much I can't help it. But you probably think the same thing with Ami." Momiji says.

"I guess, I'm selfish too." He mumbles but I could hear what he said.

"Hmm?"

"Never mind. Weren't you going on about some show you wanted to watch?" I take a deep breath and walk over like I never heard what they said.

"Momiji! Kyo!" I called out.

"I was so scared. Kyo said he would beat me if I didn't give him all my money!" Momiji says, running over to me.

"What?"

"Seriously, You think I'm some delinquent?!" Kyo asks.

"Momiji, Your show is about to start." I told him.

"Oh yeah, Mogeta! Gotta hooray!" He cheers walking off.

"Ah, that weird anime." Kyo comments, and the two of us head downstairs to join everyone else.