Chapter 33 - Parent Teacher Conference

Word Count : 2489

"Dammit! What the hell is this? You got taller over the break! Guys are so lucky. You shot up like weeds!" Uotani shouts and Kyo. We weren't even an hour into the new school term and there was already arguing. Kyo was smacked in the face by Uotani, and he fell to the ground.

"Arisa, you're pretty tall already." Hanajima points out. Compared to most girls, Uotani was really tall and even taller than a few of the guys.

"But I'm hoping to crack six feet!" She shouts.

"Man it feels good to be back in school."

"The new term has arrived."

"I see that you didn't get any more feminin over the break. Might as well throw away your womanhood." Kyo comments, getting up off the floor.

"Hmmm. Maybe I will. It's not like it's doing me any good. I can't even get one guy to pay attention to me." She grumbles.

"Uo-chan?"

"Tohru-kun, imagine how she feels. Arisa never got to see her special friend from the convenience store again. Take a good look. That's what a maiden in love looks like." I looked over and instead of your usual dreamy eyed person in love she had an evil aura around her and a scary expression.

"If I ever see that jerk again, I'll rip his head off. I'll kick his ass to the sky before he gets a word in." Uotani mumbles to herself.

"Now that you mention it, she does look upset." Tohru says.

"Right? Sounds painful."

"I'm kind of worried for this guy." I commented.

"I'll beat him so bad that he won't be able to let out a whimper."

"What are you talking about? I never thought you were the type to agonise over a crush." Kyo says.

"Oh my, that's a strange thing for you to say." Hanajima says.

"Wh-What do you mean?!" Kyo shouts. Hanajima smirks at Kyo's reaction. "Telepathy?! Did you just read my mind?!" Kyo panics.

"I can't read minds with waves. I just remembered something funny. Let's just leave it at that."

"Did you or not?!"

---

"What?! Grandpa collapsed! U-Um, s-so how is he?" Tohru shouts on the phone. SHe had received a call from her relatives. Although we could only hear half of the conversation. "Oh! E-E-Er, so he's okay?" There was another pause before she continued. "Oh yes. It's coming soon." She paused again as her family was talking. "N-No! Please don't worry about that." Shigure walks over. "Actually, may I come visit Grandpa-" She was cut off as Shigure took the phone from her.

"Hello? You're now speaking to Shigure Sohma." Shigure greets. "Yes. Yes, that's right."

"Shigure-san..." Tohru mumbles, backing away from the phone.

"Oh, not to worry." He says. "Ah yes, that's right."

"Did something happen to your grandfather?" Yuki questioned.

"Yes, he threw his back out." Tohru explained.

"I see." Yuki says.

"I hope he gets better."

"Oh if that's the case, I would be happy to." Shigure smiles. We still had no idea what was going on since we were just listening to half of the conversation. "Yes, that sounds perfect. Goodbye, now." He agrees, hanging up the phone without letting Tohru say goodbye to her own family. We all were surprised at the action.