Chapter 9

Luca's POV

I dry my hair walking past Macy's empty room. It's almost 1 in the morning, where is she? She has been so busy lately but i don't know with what and she doesn't have time to tell me anything else besides homework, studying or working at the restaurant.

But what is she doing most nights?

I walk into Amy's room while she talks on the phone because she asked me to stay the night since i don't do that much anymore. Macy can't sleep when i stay with Amy and i can't sleep because i know she isn't sleeping.

I had to hold her in my arms at night in San Francisco until she fell asleep before i had to go back with Amy. It was hard because i just wanted to stay.

"No are you nuts! It's going to be you Elizabeth." I frown looking at her laughing. Why is she talking with my little sister at 1 in the morning? Why is she talking to my 15 year old sister at all.

"No i think im going to do just 3 braids-maids so people look at me more. I think you, Lily and my roommate would do." The fuck?

"Good thing i decide what she wears,her hair and makeup because that girl is a mess. She only cares about work and school but i get it she is very low budget." I take the phone from her hands and hang up.

"Luca! What the hell!" She takes the phone back looking to see if i really hanged up. "Why are you talking to my little sister about a wedding that doesn't exist!!" I get my clothes. "Why do you keep getting mad when i talk about our wedding?!"

I shake my head getting dressed. Im not staying here. "There is not our wedding Amy! We are 21!" I walk out to the living room and she follows. "So? We are getting married after graduation! That's next year!"

I groan looking at the ceiling. "What if i want to be a Doctor! It takes longer!" She scoffs looking at me like im insane even though i have been mentioning that since i was 12.

Macy walks in with a stack of books taller than her. "Where were you!" I yell at her before i can change my tone. She barely looks awake. "studying." She mumbles walking past us like a zombie going to her room.

"You can't let your family down Luca! You can't be a doctor that's to hard for you!" I look back at Amy. "I can do it!" I yell but she sarcastically laughs.

"Luca you barely got in here! YOU THINK YOU CAN BE DOCTOR!! YOU'RE TO STUPID!!" Im fuming after hearing her words. "Why do you always have to put me down!" Macy walks out of her room changed and past us like we aren't here.

"Where are you going now?" I calm down asking her. "Work." She says closing the door not even looking at me. What kind of restaurant is open now? And wasn't she at work this afternoon?

"Why do you fucking care?! Pay attention to me! You have been in your own little world lately!" Amy yells walking to me. "So you are going to pretend you didn't JUST call me stupid?!" I shake my head walking out.

I run down the stairs to see if Macy is still here. She can't actually be going to work right now. I walk outside the apartment building looking around for her.

She's sitting on the curve so i sit next to her making her jump. "Luca." She groans rubbing her eyes to stay away.

"Where are you going?" She shrugs looking at her phone. "You aren't stupid by the way and i told you already." I don't want to talk about Amy. She looks at the road and everywhere else but me. "Babydoll it's almost 2 in the morning."

The car she was waiting for stops in front of us. She gets up and turns to me. "Are you coming? You can see im not lying this time." I frown at the last part. She pulls me to the backseat of the car. "This time?" She nods laying her head on my shoulder.

She looks exhausted but that's not surprising considering that she has been working to the bone since we got back. I intertwining our fingers. "I don't work at a restaurant but i am a waitress." I kiss the top of her head listening.

Just hearing her voice calms me down. She makes me forget every problem i have. "Im sorry i lied to you but i don't think you will understand." She yaws. "Understand what?" I move forward so i can look at her. She has bags under her eyes even now she looks beautiful.

"I work at a Strip club." I open my mouth but she puts her hand over it. "i have been working there since i started school here at 19. I don't dance and it is full of drunk horny guys but there is security there when they do to much." I kiss her palm and she lets go.

"Why there?" She shrugs. "Because i need time to study and that's the only place that pays well without me having to work so much."

I raise an eyebrow and she laughs. "Well now it's different. My mom needed money and now i don't have enough money for the rent next week. I almost got most of the money."

We stop at a club so we get down still holding hands. "Why didn't you tell me? I can help." She smiles while the bouncer lets us in. She fully turns to me to give me a small slow kiss.

"That's why, you would want to help. That's just who you are but i won't take anyone's help. I need to do it on my own. That's who i am."

She looks around smirking. "Now have fun and look at some eye candy. Im out in just 2 hours so you can call a car and leave whenever you want."I chuckle looking around. The girls are hot but i would be excited if it was her dancing just for me.

"I will wait, just tell me which tables are yours and i will pick one." She nods walking me to a table. I sit down and she gives me a peck. "Stay here mr.... Wait what's your last name?" I chuckle. We know more about each other than anyone but she still doesn't know my last name.

"Nightingale" her eyes go wide. "Are your parents Darling and Michael?" I nod frowning. The fuck. "How do you know that?" She laughs "life is fucked up. That's a story for later now i have to work. She walks away shaking her head laughing.

♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾♾

This place might be a Strip club but they make a mean burger. I keep looking over at Macy to make sure she's fine. There is a drunk here and there that try to touch her but she can handle her self. There was one that grabbed her ass so i got up but she came and set me down.

Security kicked him out and she gave me a burger to calm me down. It worked. I also might have asked her boss to give her a raise and that i would pay for the difference when i was in the 'bathroom' but she doesn't need to know that.

Her boss thought it was romantic so she agreed. Who knew that the owner of a strip club cloud be such a romantic.

Amy stoped calling an hour ago after i kept ignoring her. A girl massages my shoulders dancing so my head immediately snaps to Macy but she's laughing covering her mouth looking at me frown.

She nods at the girl and she moves to dance on my lap. "I don't" she interrupt me. "Your girl Macy already payed for it." I glare at Macy making her laugh harder. This woman is crazy and i love that about her. I chuckle getting my wallet.

I hand her a hundred. "Here let's say you already did." The girl smiles taking the money getting up. "Your paying me 100 to not dance? Come here more often." She smirks dancing away.

Macy smiles walking to me. "Hey! What the hell was that? Diamond is the best?!" I laugh pulling her down on my lap. The security guy was gonna walk to us but Macy shakes her head at him. "She's the best because you don't dance."

She kisses me. "Well then maybe next time. Now we get to leave." She pulls me up but i look at my half eaten burger. " Jesus just bring it with you. You're looking at it the way you're supposed to be looking at the girls." I smile grabbing my burger.

I hold her hand taking advantage that i can. "How do you know my parents?" She looks at me and slowly smiles. "Have you heard of Carly? Your dad's ex?" I nod.

Only every time my mom gets mad.

"Yes, why?" She shrugs. "Then you have heard of my mother and i have heard PLENTY about your parents."

Shit!