The Marriage

People were gathered in church to witness the bonding of two individuals who had abruptly held a wedding in a span of two weeks after having met each other. Perth stood at the altar dressed in Grey suit and waistcoat alongwith white shirt paired with grey trouser and navy blue tie. The ceremony was attended by both families and close friends.

Saint walked towards the altar wearing off-white suit and waistcoat that looked perfect with white shirt and red bow alongwith off-white trouser. The red bow added more to the beauty and his cheeks look dusted in pink. He towards the altar taking careful steps towards where Perth stood. Everyone's eyes were glued to the beautiful figure that was gracefully walking towards the altar.

The ceremony began, vows were said and rings were exchanged. Now came the moment Saint was nervous about. When priest finally spoke that they could kiss, Saint didn't knew what to do. Sensing the anxiety building up in Saint, Perth held his hands and slightly moved forward and planted a kiss on his cheek. Cheers erupted in crowd and everybody got busy congratulating the newly weds.

After the wedding ceremony everyone moved towards the party hall busying themselves with food and drinks. Perth and Saint were busy talking to guests but stayed close to one another so that they would not get into an awkward situation with some questions asked by relatives.

Everything went as per the plan and finally the party came to an end. It was already past midnight when Perth drove both of them to his house. It was huge as Saint had expected. Perth parked the car and they both got out making their way to the main door.

 Perth parked the car and they both got out making their way to the main door

Perth's mansion

This image is downloaded and used for reference purpose. It belongs to the rightful owner.

After entering the house, Perth switched on the lights and motioned Saint to follow him. Perth guided Saint upstairs to where the bedrooms were.

"Okay, so this will be your room" Perth spoke as they stood in front of a door. "And that is my room. If you need anything then let me know." he said pointing to the other room. Saint nodded and walked towards the door of the bedroom.

As Saint was about to open the door Perth spoke up, "Do you need something to drink before going to sleep?" Saint turned back slowly looking down at his feet while he answered, "No, I am fine! Good night"

"Good night!" Perth said as he made his way towards his own bedroom. He opened the door and walked towards his bathroom while removing clothes on his way. He stood in the shower washing himself and trying to remove the stress of the day. A smile crept on his face when he recalled the way Saint looked when he was walking towards altar. That innocent face, those doe eyes, pink lips and slightly stained cheeks. He never thought he could call a man pretty but Saint had proved him wrong.

After having spent good amount of time cleaning himself, he walked out of the bathroom wearing a towel around waist. He was too tired to change so he just wore boxers and got into bed. Exhaustion took over him and soon he was drifted to dreamland.

In the other room, Saint stood in front of the mirror recalling the events of the day. After freeing himself of all the clothes, he got into the bathtub sinking himself into the warm water. He tried to recall how everything ended this way. Marrying someone whom he just met, his past, his uncertain future and his confusing present.

Though Perth and Saint met just two weeks before, Saint could make out that Perth was a gentleman. On the first day itself, Perth made everything clear between both of them before they agreed to marry for their own reasons.

When Saint was back to reality from his thoughts, the water had almost turned cold. He cleaned himself and walked out of bathroom wearing robe. He looked among his clothes for pajama. After changing into more comfortable clothes he lay down on bed looking at the ceiling. After a while he felt his eyelids get heavy and soon he gave up to the sleep.

Nobody knew what future held in store for this two people who just happened to marry each other. Everything was uncertain till they themselves took firm decisions about their lives.

Perth was a successful business with a big business empire that had it's branches in different countries. He had built everything on his own from scratch. Saint, on the other hand belonged to a wealthy family who ran chain of hotels. They were well known among people. But Saint wanted to prove himself so he had taken up internship in one of the company. After the contract was ended, Saint was going to take over their business.

Saint woke up when the morning sun had risen and the rays were lighting up the room. Saint looked around the unfamiliar place and sighed as he recalled the earlier day's event. He made his way to washroom and got fresh. Changing into appropriate clothes, he walked out of his room making his way down the stairs. He was thinking of what he was going to do when Perth appeared at the base of the stairs.

"Good morning" Perth said while beaming with smile. "Good morning" Saint replied as he got down the stairs and stood in front of Perth. "I hope you had good sleep. Umm.. I had taken a week off so that I could help you get familiar with the house and surroundings." Perth said as he started walking towards the kitchen signalling Saint to follow.

"Thank you very much. I actually didn't knew what to do when I woke up. And since we reached late yesterday, I didn't ask you anything" Saint confessed.

"That's alright. I have prepared breakfast. Let's have it and then I'll give you a small detour to your new house. And then you can decide what you wanna do later. By the way, do you have any preferences when it comes to food? Or you are allergic or something?" Perth asked as he carried two plates that had their breakfast to dining table. He gestured Saint to sit down.

"No allergies and I am fine with anything." Saint said while making himself comfortable on chair. They ate their breakfast while exchanging few more words about their likes and dislikes. After finishing Perth gave Saint a detour to his house and surroundings. The house was huge and beautiful. "Saint, I wanted to ask you something. Since, I had been staying alone and had no specific time arriving home, I didn't appoint a cook. But if you want I would appoint few people to take care of the stuff like cooking and cleaning." Perth spoke as they were walking through the lawn in the front of the house. "No, that's alright. I prefer doing the work on my own. And I can cook so I don't think it is necessary." Saint replied as he didn't wanted people to notice their relationship and start gossip.

"So, when are you going back to work?" Perth asked as he sat down on one of the chair placed in garden. "Next week, Monday. I will ask someone to get my car so that it will be convenient for me to travel." Saint replied occupying one of the chair. The conversation continued as they tried to learn about each other.

Saint offered to cook lunch and Perth agreed. After having tasted what Saint had cooked, Perth allowed him to cook as and when he wanted. Saint was delighted for having got the liberty of cooking meals for both of them.

The remaining days passed the same way - sleeping in their respective rooms, having meals together, cooking together and trying to know about each other. After having spent more time with Perth, Saint was finally at ease being around him. Their talks were now turned from formal to informal and they could joke and laugh about stuff. One could say that they were friends.