Nightmare and Guilt

Perth lay on the bed still wearing the same clothes that he wore for work. The events of the earlier evening playing in his mind. Saint - Scared - Stranger - Hug. Why it had to be like this. After having been cold all these years, his heart was melting for someone whom he had met just weeks ago and now it seems to break into pieces. He couldn't let go off the thought of seeing Saint in someone's else arms.

It was already past midnight and sleep seems to have left Perth to struggle with his thoughts. He was lying looking at the ceiling when he heard a scream. "Leave me!! Leave me alone!! Help!! Help!!"

He abruptly left his bed and bolted out of the door and ran towards Saint's room. He banged on the door but only he could hear were screams from the other side.

He couldn't wait any longer, he pushed open the door and seeing the sight, he almost broke. Saint was lying on bed thrashing and screaming loud. "Leave me!!! It hurts!!" Tears were rolling down Saint's eyes as he was struggling to free himself from invisible person in his sleep.

Perth rushed to the bed pulling the boy into his embrace and hushing him. "It's okay.. You are fine... No one can hurt you.. Am there.. Sssshhh..." Perth tried to calm Saint by rocking him back and forth. And the boy seems to relax in his arms. After a while faint puffs could be heard and Saint's breathing was even.

Perth pulled away and looked at the fragile boy. He was covered in sweat, brow furrowed, cheeks stained with tears. He was a complete mess. Perth felt hurt for his behaviour earlier night.

Guilt was building inside him as he remembered how he behaved. Did he have to behave that way when he himself said that they are free to live life the way they wanted after marriage? That neither of them should interfere with each other's life? Then why it was so difficult for Perth to see Saint with someone else? Wasn't he the only one who said that he was ready to end the marriage when Saint wanted to move forward?

Perth got up from the bed and walked towards kitchen to get a bowl filled with water and a clean napkin to wipe Saint. He opened the fridge to drink some water when he found the dinner prepared by Saint left untouched inside the fridge. Now he felt even more guilty that Saint didn't even had dinner.

Perth returned to Saint's room carrying the bowl and napkin. With gentle touches, he cleaned Saint and tugged him in the pillows and covered him with duvet. Stealing a glance at Saint one more time, Perth walked out of the bedroom gently closing the door behind.

Perth couldn't sleep the whole night. It wasn't that he was not sleepy but he was worried for Saint. He left the bed at usual time and after finishing his morning routine, he went for a morning run. Even though it was weekend, he still went for run. It has become a routine for him since his college days.

After returning from run, Perth walked into the kitchen to check if Saint was there. Seeing the kitchen empty, Perth knew that Saint didn't wake up so he decided to check on him.

Perth climbed the stairs and slightly opened the door to check if Saint was up but Saint was soundly sleeping. Perth let out a sigh of relief after seeing the sleeping boy and walked towards his room. After getting fresh, he made his way towards the kitchen to prepare breakfast. He wanted to make up for his yesterday's mistake.

Perth was busy preparing breakfast when he heard horn outside the gate. By the time he washed his hands and walked towards the main door, the visitor was already there waiting for him. When he opened the door his blood started boiling again because he saw the same guy Saint had hugged.

Perth was about to lash out when Plan appeared from behind holding bags in his hands. "Hi Perth, How's you? Sorry for distributing you this early. Meet Mean, my boyfriend, he's here to meet Saint. He was worried about Saint since something happened yesterday. Is he alright?? Did he wake up?" Plan was going on blabbering. Mean had to put a hold to Plan, "Can we come in Perth?" Mean asked eyeing the owner of the house standing with dumbstruck expression. Perth cursed himself mentally for not having met Mean earlier. It would have saved him of all the trouble he went through all this time after witnessing yesterday's incident.