The first meeting

Sunday evening

Perth and Saint were settled in living room watching movie which Saint had chosen. A bowl of popcorns was placed on the tea table. They were both drawn into the movie when they heard a horn outside their house. Perth got up to check the unexpected visitor when he heard Saint, "Must be my car, I have asked driver to get my car since am joining back tomorrow." Perth remembered his conversation with Saint earlier and let him answer the visitor while making mental note about providing Saint with extra remote for opening the gates.

Saint returned carrying some files after having spoken to the driver. "What are these?" Perth asked after looking at the files in Saint's hand. "These are the work related documents, they were left home so I asked mom to send them with the driver. I'll need them tomorrow." Saint replied while placing the documents on the table.

Perth spared a look at the files that were stacked together while he walked to the nearby drawers. He opened one of the drawer and fished out something. He walked back to the table where Saint stood with a file in his hand, reading something with furrowed brows. He looked more like an angry kitten. Perth chuckled looking at the cute expression which drew Saint's attention. Shaking his head as if to remove the thought from his mind Perth walked forth carrying the thing in his hand.

Saint looked at Perth with confusion when he raised his hand to handover something. After a short debate to himself, Saint finally lifted his hand to take whatever Perth was offering him. Perth dropped the thing in Saint's hand  while he spoke, "It's the gate's remote. Since you are going back to work tomorrow and we both will be out working and I don't have any idea what time I'll come back, I just thought of handing one to you." Saint looked at the tiny remote in his hand and said thank you with a soft voice. Perth nodded and made his way to kitchen to cook dinner.

Meanwhile, Saint collected the stack of files that lay on table and walked to his bedroom. After carefully placing them on the table, he made his way to the kitchen to find Perth already busy with cooking. "Do you need help?" Saint asked as he went to fridge to get some water to drink. "No, I am almost done." Perth replied. Saint made himself comfortable on one of the stool and took a sip of water which he had poured in the glass. He watched Perth while the other was busy with his work.

After spending some time in silence Saint finally spoke up, "What time you usually come home?" "No exact time. Sometimes as early as 6.00 pm or sometimes as late as 12.00 pm. It's the same thing for me if I stay at work or at home. I am alone at both places." Perth replied with a slight sadness. Saint wanted to ask Perth why he doesn't stay with his family but as their rules which they set up, one couldn't ask the other about their personal stuff. Saint let out a sigh and allowed to hang the conversation in air wondering whether he'll ever know the answer to the question.

After sometime Perth served the dinner and they both had a small talk related to work. After finishing, Saint decided to wash the dishes since Perth had prepared the dinner. Perth gave in after lot of pleading from Saint. After finishing they both wished each other good night and walked to their respective rooms.

Perth lay on bed thinking about their first conversation. The first time they met and decided to get married.

The image is used for reference purpose and belongs to the rightful owner

Flashback

Perth sat in the coffee shop waiting for Plan who had called him asking to meet him in that particular place. It was already 15 minutes past and Perth was preparing to leave when Plan walked in accompanied with a tall figure who had porcelain skin, pink lips and doe eyes which looked perfect with slightly dusted cheeks and brown hairs that framed his face. He had the innocent look and shy smile. And even before Perth could process words escaped his lips, "Beautiful......" Thankfully they were almost a whisper that saved him from getting embarassed in front of his friend and the stranger.

Perth sat down while Plan and the stranger occupied the seats in front of him. Perth stared at the boy who was looking down at his hands that were clasped in front of him on table.

"Perth, this is Saint." Plan spoke gesturing to the Stanger and continued, "He is Mean's best friend. He had a particular situation that he wants to get over with so I thought of introducing him to you. I have spoken to Mean and it seems that you both could help each other out with your situations." Plan continued his blabbering which was left out at one point when Perth looked at Saint. After a while the waitress arrived to take order. Saint just ordered a cappuccino and waited for Plan who was about to speak when his phone buzzed, glancing at screen he abruptly got up and left the place in hurry apologizing to the two for leaving them alone. The waitress diverted her gaze towards Perth who ordered hot chocolate without sparing her a look. Annoyed for not being noticed by the handsome guy, the waitress left with a huff.

Perth and Saint were now left alone and an awkward silence surrounded them. Sensing the other guy to be shy enough to speak, Perth took the initiative to start the conversation, "So Saint, you are friends with Plan?". Saint looked up at Perth and for a while he felt his heart stopped beating. He looked handsome  and masculine, but he had a particular aura around him that drew others towards him.

"Y-Yes.." Saint stuttered. He cursed himself internally for getting flustered. Perth could sense the boy was feeling a bit uncomfortable and tried to reduce the stress. He tried to start the conversation talking about the surroundings and unnecessary stuff. After a while Saint seemed to be at ease since he tried to respond to the talk and finally started speaking up without stuttering. The waitress arrived carrying their drinks with a hopeful smile that Perth would notice but to her disappointment Perth remained the same as he had been earlier. Placing the drinks a bit harshly on the table, the waitress walked away  stomping her feet.

After a while Perth diverted their conversation to the important topic. "Saint, since Plan had brought you here, you'll be knowing the reason so I think it's be better we start the discussion." Perth looked at Saint for his consent. Saint nodded which Perth took as the cue to continue, "Well, there's this situation which I want to get over with. My family wants me to get married but I am not interested in the girl for my own reasons. I tried to talk to my parents to not to force me into something I don't want but they are not ready to listen. So........ I thought that I could get into a fake marriage with a contract that will allow both of us the freedom to do whatever we want. It will be same as the normal marriage but only thing is that we will have some rules. Let me make it clear that I won't demand anything from you, after marriage you can stay at my place, all necessities will be provided, no intimate relationship, you will have your own room, I won't ask about your past and you don't have to tell me about yours unless and until you feel the need to. At any point you feel that you want to end this marriage you can talk to me and we'll clear the things out." Saint was left dumbfounded with the amount of information Perth provided him. Saint knew at that very moment that there wouldn't be any other opportunity as good as this to get away from past. He agreed to all the conditions put forth by Perth. It was a great relief for him when Perth told him that he didn't wanted any intimate stuff.

After discussing about what they are going to do, they both agreed to get married as early as possible. They both designed a fake story that they were secretly dating for long and now wanted to marry. Of course it wasn't a big trouble to get both the families agreed since they were already pushing them to get married. Everything was arranged and within short period of time they were married to each other.

End of flashback

Even though Perth had built walls around his heart for not having any feelings for anyone, he found them breaking slowly in presence of Saint. He neglected them thinking that it was just because the boy looked fragile and needed to be taken care of. But whatever reason he could give himself, the matter of hearts can never be solved by reasoning with brain. He let a sigh and closed his eyes waiting for sleep to take over. Little did he knew that the following days are going to turn his world upside down.