Mirror

🔞 Mature Content

Perth was stealing glances at Saint while he was busy speaking with the couple. They too noted it. The way Perth looked at Saint showed how much he has fallen for him.

The little princess was sound asleep in Saint's arm who was humming a lullaby to her. She looked cute in sleep. Sammy walked to him and took the girl in her arms, gently putting her back in crib.

"She likes you." Sammy said as she placed a small fluffy pillow next to her. "She is adorable" Saint said. "Just like you. Well, let's have dinner. Perth is waiting for you." Sammy said.

They both walked towards the dining room where Yacht and Perth sat talking to each other. When Perth saw Saint, he smiled and patted the chair next to him to sit. Saint walked towards Perth and made himself comfortable next to him.

The dinner was filled with lot of conversations about their college life. Saint was listening to each and every thing making mental notes of the things that Perth like or dislike.

After the dinner, Yacht asked Saint to accompany him to their daughter's room. Saint looked at Perth for his consent who nodded his head in response.

The little girl was up and crying. Yacht picked her up trying to calm her down but she kept crying. Saint asked for permission to hold her. And as soon as the girl was in Saint's arm, she was all giggling and clapping. Yacht looked in wonder at his daughter.

"Now I know why Perth is so much in love with you. Even my daughter seems to be happy being with you." Yacht said while wiping the drool from the little girl's chin. Saint cooed to her and lulled her to sleep.

"Saint, I wanna thank you for bringing our Perth back." Yacht said. Saint looked at him confused. Yacht understood the expression and started explaining.

"Perth must have told you about his past. But there is something that just I know about it. When Perth found his boyfriend cheating, he was devastated. I still remember the day he returned to dorm looking like a zombie. He sat on his bed lost in thoughts, gazed zeroed on wall, face drained of all emotions. He was really scary."

"After that he was all lost. He was like a body without soul. He used to do everything he usually did but there were no emotions. It went on for few days. He would get up early and go for run, attend his classes, then practice football. He would return back all covered in dirt and sweat. He would study till late night."

"Then we saw his cold self. Very very cold. It was like, that all the days he spent in silence, he had killed all his emotions. Whenever we tried to invite him for gathering or party or even an event, he refused. He kept studying. Frequently visiting library. The only thing that he did beside studies was playing football.

"When I looked at him, I was scared. It was as if his eyes were cold. He then reduced spending time with us by skipping meals. And then at one point, he was totally alone. I was worried about him but couldn't do anything to help him."

"His grades improved remarkably. And with each exam he improved more and more trying to compete with his own self till we graduated where he was the one with highest scoring."

"We started working in same firm. He was very dedicated to work. He never missed a day in his life at work, he even did overtime to complete the projects. Our seniors were really happy and soon he got promoted. But he was never satisfied."

"He decided to start his own business and he did it successfully. He started taking up projects and completed then before the expected time. People were amazed with his work. Many wanted to join him."

"He would always be busy with meetings. Soon, he asked us to join him which we did. He would nail every deal. He had his own way of dealing with everything."