Shifting

Saint woke up the next day complaining about back ache and pain in legs. Perth gave him a massage and then carried him to bathroom where he had filled the bathtub with warm water. He placed Saint inside and got behind his back. He slowly kept massaging Saint's lower back and Saint started to feel better.

After getting fresh and dressing up in comfortable clothes, the couple walked out of the room. Saint's mother was already up and waiting for them in dining room. The breakfast was already served on the table.

After finishing breakfast, Saint returned to bedroom to get some sleep while Perth got busy with his work. Saint's mother was in library, going through the shelves to find an appropriate book to read. She was happy to see that most of the books were of Saint's favorite. Her gaze then landed on the new books that Perth had placed on the shelf. She moved forward to check and then read the titles recognizing that they were all based on parenting. She smiled to herself realizing that her son in law cared for Saint a lot.

She turned back to look around for other books and found something of her interest. She took the book and made herself comfortable on the nearby couch. It had been a while that she was immersed in book and lost the track of time. When she finally looked around to check the time, it had been almost 2 hours and she thought of checking on Saint.

She placed the book back on shelf and walked out of the library closing the door behind. When she reached the hall, she saw Perth talking to Albert. She was about to take the stairs when she saw Saint appear at the top of the stairs. He was looking a bit tired and still sleepy.

Perth turned around and saw Saint standing at the top of the stairs looking pale. Perth realized that he must have thrown up. He started to move forward taking his steps towards the stairs that is when he noticed that Saint wasn't moving in his normal way.

Out of panic, he bolted towards Saint, skipping some steps in between, only to hold his husband who was about to fall. Saint's mother gasped in horror as she realized what has happened. She rushed towards the couple and Albert followed behind. Perth scooped Saint in his arms who was unconscious now.

He carried him to the bedroom and lay him on bed. Everyone stood there with worried expression as they saw Saint laying on the bed. After sometime, Saint regained his consciousness only to see the worried faces of everyone in the house.

Relief flooded everyone as they saw Saint woke up and look around. He looked at Perth who was sitting next to him and then tried to recall what had happened.

Flashback

Saint woke up due to uneasy feeling and then rushed to bathroom. He threw up everything he had for breakfast. He cleaned his mouth and returned to bedroom and sat down on bed trying to calm himself.

He started to feel hungry after sometime and decided raid kitchen. He walked out of the door and heard Perth's voice coming from hall. He reached the stairs and saw Perth speaking to Albert and then his mother walked in. His vision started to get blurry. He tried to call for Perth but words couldn't leave his mouth. He then saw someone running towards him and then everything was dark.

End of flashback

Perth ordered the maids to get something for Saint to eat and he then helped him sit up. Saint's mother sat next to him with a worried expression. She placed her hand on Saint's cheek while tear left her eyes. "You make me so worried son. I am thankful that Perth is always there besides you to take care of you." She spoke while sniffing. "Mae, I am sorry to get everyone worried. I was feeling hungry so I thought of finding something in kitchen. I wasn't aware that I might faint on my way." Saint said in a low voice. "Babe, you should have called us. We would have got you everything you wanted." Perth spoke as he held Saint's hand, gently stroking it.