The Unexpected

Saint woke up when his alarm started buzzing, rolling on his bed, he reached the night stand to grab his cellphone. It was 6.00 am in morning. He got up making his way to the bathroom with half sleepy eyes. After 20 mins he emerged out of bathroom wearing a bathrobe.

Wearing something comfortable, he walked into the kitchen to prepare breakfast. Looking around the house, he found no trace of Perth which indicated that he haven't woken up yet. He busied himself with cooking when he heard the main door being opened and closed. Saint walked out of the kitchen towards the main door only to be greeted by the sweat covered Perth. His body was dripping of sweat and the clothes were sticked to his skin clearly showing his well defined muscles and abs. Saint almost felt drooling himself at the figure standing in front of him.

"Good morning!" Perth greeted Saint who's eyes were glued to Perth's muscular figure. A bit embarassed of having caught checking out, Saint tried to compose himself and replied, "G-Good morning!!". Here he goes again, the stuttering Saint. Turning back, Saint hurried to kitchen to save himself from more embarassment he would cause himself with his silly actions.

Perth looked at the retrieving figure and a smirk decorated his face. He could clearly see what effect he had on the innocent guy that was now his husband. He walked towards his bedroom to clean himself and get ready to leave for work.

After 30 minutes, Perth walked out of bedroom making his way towards the dining room. As he entered he smelled a delicious breakfast that was placed on dining table. He peeped into the kitchen but Saint was nowhere to be seen. He walked out of the dining room to see if Saint had already left when he heard a door closed upstairs. His gaze darted towards the stairs where he saw Saint walking down the steps wearing formal clothes, ready to leave for work.

Perth's eyes were zeroed on the figure that was gracefully walking down the stairs. When Saint's eyes met with Perth he looked a bit flustered and his cheeks were stained crimson. Perth tried to move his gaze away from Saint and rubbed his nape as if to clear the sweat that wasn't present. He cleared his throat to break the silence that was now decorating his surrounding."Umm.. Did you... have breakfast?" Perth asked trying to compose himself. "No... I just prepared breakfast and went to get ready to leave. I thought... you will be in hurry to leave so I prepared the breakfast early." Saint replied while playing with his feet trying to avoid Perth's gaze.

"Okay, so.... let's have breakfast. You must be getting late." Perth spoke as he turned around walking towards dining room followed by Saint. "I prepared shrimp porridge. Hope you like it." Saint said as they sat down to have their breakfast. "Wow, that's my favourite. Thank you so much!" Perth replied scooping a spoonful into his mouth. The delicious taste made him almost moan. Saint was happy looking at Perth who was enjoying his breakfast wholeheartedly making a note to himself that he should prepare it more often since Perth liked it. After finishing Perth collected the dishes to clean whereas Saint made a small trip to his bedroom to get the files his driver had brought yesterday.

Bidding each other bye, they drove to their respective places. Perth parked his car and was walking inside the office when he was greeted by Plan who hugged him almost squeezing a life out of him. "Ouch!" Perth said trying to free himself. Plan grinned loosening his hug and looked at Perth.

"Do you know that you are looking different today?" Plan asked Perth. "What different? There's nothing different - it's same me, same clothes, same company and not to mention same YOU getting on my nerves!" Perth said as he started walking towards the elevator to get to this office.Plan didn't leave Perth because he wasn't done yet.

"Your face is glowing, are you in love?" Plan asked wriggling his eyebrows. "Shut the fuck up Plan!!" Perth shouted trying to get the conversation over it. "Okay... But what are you going to do with that stupid smile that is not ready to leave your face?" As soon as Plan said these words, Perth tried to kick him which was successfully dodged by other and he vanished like smoke into air with a laugh.

The elevator dinged and the door opened. Perth entered the elevator pressing the button to his floor and smiled to himself after the remembering how Saint looked in morning. He rubbed his nape again trying to shake away the feelings building inside him. As the elevator door opened, Perth started walking towards his office smiling to everyone who greeted him.

Saint arrived his workplace on time and grabbing his file from backseat he got out of the car. After locking the car he walked towards the main entrance. He was greeted by the receptionist who handed him a letter that had his name and nothing else. He collected the letter and walked towards his office.

After placing his belongings on his working desk, Saint took the letter and sat on the chair ready to read it thinking it might be important. But as soon as he eyes landed on the writing, he froze.

Oh my love

It's been a while since I have seen you. I heard you got married to a wealthy guy. How about sharing some of his wealth with me??

See you soon baby

Yours only,
Prince charming

A shiver ran down his spine as he read the letter. His hands started trembling as reality finally hit him. His desperate attempt to get away from past seemed to now fail. He tried to pacify himself by taking deep breaths.

After calming down Saint got up and looked through the window of his office to see any unfamiliar person walking around. After seeing that there was no one around, he let out a sigh of relief.

Trying to clear his mind from the thoughts, he made an attempt to concentrate on his work. After sometime he was indulged in work and time passed by quickly.

Saint winded up his work early and when the time was up, he hurriedly left the office. He didn't wanted to be alone in the area after having received the letter.

He hastily walked towards the parking lot and rushed inside the car as soon as he reached there.  He started the engine and stepped on gas paddle in hurry to leave the place. He drove back glancing the surroundings to be careful that no one was on his trail. When he finally reached their house he pressed the remote to open the gates which closed soon after his car entered the premises. He hurriedly stepped out of the car and rushed to the main door.

Once inside, he locked the door and rushed to his bedroom. Closing the door behind, he slumped down and tears escaped his eyes. How much he wished for all the trouble to get over. How much he wished to live a life without fear. He pulled his legs to his chest and hugged them tight resting his head on the knees. He felt weak and vulnerable. He cried for a long time before he drifted to sleep due to exhaustion only to be woken up by knocking on his bedroom door.

"Saint!! Saint!! Are you there? Are you alright?" Perth's concerned voice could be heard outside. Saint got up from the floor and almost stumbled while walking towards the door. He opened the door and saw Perth standing with a worried look which further got intensed after looking at Saint. Saint having realised how he might be looking tried to reason out for his appearance, "Sorry, I was so tired that I soon felt asleep after I reached home. Just give me 10 minutes, I'll freshen up and cook the dinner" Saint said trying to get away from Perth and pretending to be normal.

Perth knew that something was wrong but he couldn't ask about it. "Actually, I had already prepared dinner. Just come downstairs after getting fresh." Perth closed the door and walked down. He could feel something stabbing him from inside. Something killing him when he saw how miserable Saint looked. At that very instant he wanted to hug the guy and try to take the pain away. It was unbearable for him to see Saint in that state.

Whatever it be, he was determined to make Saint feel at ease and get him back to the cheerful person he has met few days back.

He wanted to curse himself for the rules he had set up which made the situation worse. He couldn't ask Saint what he was worried about even though his concern was eating him from inside.