The Awkward Situation

Perth was impatient while he waited downstairs for Saint. After having spent 30 minutes pacing in the hall, he heard the door open upstairs. Relief flooded him and he looked up to see Saint walking down the stairs in Pajama. He looked much better now but his eyes were still red, clear indication that he was crying.

"Do you wanna go for a walk after dinner?" Perth asked trying to lift the mood. Saint looked up and tried to speak but his voice was hoarse, "O-Okay!" was all he could manage. Again stutter. Perth sighed and guided him towards the dining table. He had already set up the table giving a bit of romantic touch. It did help because Saint's face lit up after looking at the dining table.

Perth pulled the chair for Saint which warmed his heart. Saint settled down while Perth made himself comfortable next to him. He served the dinner for both and seeing the gentle gestures from Perth, Saint almost forgot about the letter. They enjoyed the dinner while Perth told Saint about what happened at his workplace. Saint was very attentive all the time and Perth felt happy seeing Saint back to his normal self.

After dinner they went for a walk. Perth guided Saint towards a park and they settled on the bench looking at the sky which looked beautiful. "Do you come here more often?" Saint asked curiously. "No, I rarely find time to come here. Sometimes, when I felt lonely, I used to come and sit here staring at the sky adorned with stars. I would tell myself that the person I was destined to spent my life with will also be looking at this sky and smiling. May be we would be separated by distance but we'll meet very soon. This was the only thought that erased most of the stress off from my mind." Perth said looking at sky, eyes filled with sadness. Saint looked at Perth and he felt something twist inside him causing a pain. He wanted to hold Perth's hand assuring him that everything was going to be fine and he'll find his happiness eventually. Saint slowly moved his hand to touch Perth's but retrieved immediately remembering what Perth has spoken in their first meeting.

Saint felt safe having Perth around him. The tension building inside him was subsiding slowly. With Perth around him, Saint could finally breathe properly. He rested his head against the back of bench and before he knew, sleep took over.

After a while Perth observed Saint leaning against his arm and head resting on his shoulder with eyes closed. Perth initially thought of waking him up but seeing how cute he looked, he decided not to do so. Shifting himself slightly, he picked up the sleeping beauty and carried him back home in bridal style. His weight felt as light as feather for Perth. Making his way through the main door he carried him to his room and gently placed him on the bed. Saint pouted in his sleep as he shifted a bit into the bed for a comfortable position.

Perth smiled looking at the beautiful figure and an urge build up inside him for kissing those pink lips. He leaned forward inching closely to the pretty face taking in the small details of his face. Thoughts ran through his mind as he closed the distance between them. But soon his own words rang into his ear bringing him back to reality. He got up from bed abruptly and walked out of the bedroom closing the door slowly.

He returned to his bedroom and shut the door and placed a hand on his heart which was beating crazily. How much he wanted to touch and feel the skin of the person he was married to. Only if he had not set the rules, only if he knew how Saint thought about him, only if it was a different circumstances under which they would have met, many ifs surfaced his mind and he pulled his hair in frustration.

Dragging himself to bed, he crashed into it without changing the clothes, one could say he was too tired. Frustrated with his own self he started punching and kicking in bed till sleep took over.

Saint woke up the next morning and blinked his eyes looking around. He remembered having gone for a walk with Perth and sitting on bench watching stars and the really short conversation they had. But he couldn't remember getting back home. He tried to recall and realising the only possibility, he sank into the bed covering himself with the duvet. He felt embarassed about how Perth would have got him back home.

The alarm kept buzzing and Saint finally had to leave the bed. After performing the usual routine, he walked out of his bedroom making his way towards kitchen. He had reached half the stairs when the main door opened and Perth stepped in with sweat dripping down his body. Saint's cheeks flushed looking at Perth and he looked down trying to hide his stained cheeks.

Perth noticed Saint standing in middle of stairs with his head looking at the ground. By now, Perth had understood some of the habits of Saint and he knew immediately that Saint was feeling embarassed. He walked up the stairs and stopped in front of Saint greeting him good morning. Saint didn't dared to look at Perth but replied with a soft voice, "Good morning." This voice sent tingles into Perth's body. "La-last night..... I... I... Did I troubled you??" Saint asked flustered knowing that he had put Perth into an awkward situation. "No.. No... Not at all... You were as light as feather. I didn't had any trouble carrying you back home. Besides you looked cute in sleep." Perth blurted out. Saint's face now turned into a darker shade of red. He wanted to run away and hide somewhere.

Perth realised what he had spoken and felt like an idiot for being blunt. Excusing himself, he immediately ran towards the bedroom and closed the door. He could feel the heat building up inside him. He walked towards bathroom stripping himself off the clothes.

Saint made his way to kitchen feeling embarassed of how he ended up giving trouble to his husband. He hurried to prepare breakfast and once done, went back to change into his formal clothes.

The breakfast was eaten silently as both of them felt embarassed about what happened. Saint was embarassed that Perth had carried him back home and Perth felt embarassed for having being blunt in saying everything without thinking.

After breakfast both left for their work. When Perth arrived at Office Plan greeted him, but since Perth was caught up in his own world, he didn't notice anything happening around. Plan had to smack his head to bring him back to the reality. "Damn you Plan!! What's wrong with you monkey!!" Perth was annoyed at the sudden attack from Plan. "If only you could stop thinking about your husband, you would have heard what I was telling you." Plan said waiting for some reaction from Perth. Perth didn't deny anything this time, he just simply asked, " What were you speaking about?" "We have an important meeting coming up this Friday in evening. It's about the deal we were waiting for. I have got everything ready, you just need to go through the documents to see if anything needs to be changed." Plan replied. Perth nodded and walked towards the office without saying anything further.

When Saint reached his workplace he scanned his surroundings before stepping out of the car. He walked towards the entrance and was relieved when the receptionist just bowed in greeting without handing him anything. He walked towards his cabin and slumped into the chair.

Perth's face flashed in front of his eyes. He remembered the look when Perth had walked inside the house the early morning after having returned from his morning run. The clothes that clung to the sweat covered body and those well defined abs and muscles left Saint drooling. He was brought back to reality by ringing of his phone.

He cursed himself mentally for having thought about Perth in that way. But he couldn't hide it that the boy was affecting him more and more these days. Those gentle gestures and the way Perth took care of him, made him feel something that he never felt before.