Chapter 15

The 10 days passed by really fast, while i waited for the car i practiced with a basic car, jordan taught me how to lose someone if they are following me, how to make turns but not the basic turns, more like risking your life turns, how to get between the cars without crashing them, and bunch of things, the car obviously got destroyed in the journey but now that i have my new car this can't happen, the thought of owning a car was making me feel fantastic, since i never owned one, my parents were always protective over everything when i lived with them, they took me everywhere unless one of my old friends picked me up. I'm just realizing i didn't really have a life with them, they made seem everything so happy and i saw it the same way, but it was just a trick to always keep me with them, until it was time for me to move to new york, i was supposed to get a car in there but i had to work and save money to get it, like everyone else.

"This car is sick as fuck!" Leah said when we opened the front door to see the car in front of our eyes.

"I know... we should go take a ride" i was fulled of excitement when i saw it

"Yes, but i'm sorry i can't today, kio is picking me up he said he wanted to take me to brunch" she seemed happy about her plans

"Kio? That's surprising" i raised my brows "you're good, we'll do it any other day"

"I know.. well i have to go get ready" she hugged me and made her way upstairs.

"Bye.. have fun"

The car was totally black in the outside with the horse logo that made it sparkle, i walked words it and opened the door, the inside was black and red with a tone of yellow that made it look beautiful.

I got in and turned on the car without thinking it two times, i thought for a couple second where should i go, and now enjoying that vinnie is not home i could go everywhere, so the first thing that came to my mind was my mom. I took my phone and put my house's address and i was exactly 40 minutes away plus the traffic and everything. I closed the door and put on my seatbelt to start driving home to try to see my mom, of course i think this is probably going to be the best decision i've ever had or the worst decision because if vinnie knows that i came here, he would probably kill me.

While i was driving i listened to my everyday playlist, i started to recognize the area where i grew up, to the point i didnt even need the gps to get home. When i arrived i looked at my house and it was how i left it. I came out of the car and took a deep breath before walking to the door and press on the doorbell. Millions things were going trough my mind, like: what if my mom doesn't want to see me?, or what if my dad is the one opening the door?, are they going to call the police? Are they going to let me go back?, while i was thinking all those things i rang the bell like 3 times and there was no answer.

I turned around and i saw my neighbor coming out of her house.

"Mrs. Johnson?" I called and she looked at me, recognition dawned on her face when she saw me and an sparkle lightened her eyes.

"Avery?" She asked and i walked up to her "Avery, oh my lord... you came back from new york" happiness invaded her face

"New yor- oh yes!, i came by surprise" i tried to play it off

"Yes, your mom told us that you left earlier than you were supposed to, i really missed you my girl" she said

"I missed you too Mrs. johnson" i smiled at her "do you know where is my mom at?" I asked her

"You don't know where your mom is?" She frowned "she left a month ago, because she won a trip to Europe for two months, how did you not know?" She asked

"Oh.. b-because i recently had a fight with my parents and..and i didn't really talked to them so i just wanted to come home to solve the problem" i forced an smile