Chapter 40

After a long wait of 20 minutes I saw Jackson walking in between the people trying to find me. I raised my hand and waved to call his attention. He quickly walked towards me.

"Are you okay?" he hugged me and I just cried

"I'm fine" I pulled away and wiped my tears "I need to get out of here, please"

"Are you sure, did they already check on you?" He asked

"Yes, please I need to leave" I stood and left the ambulance with him behind me.

I didn't see Aisha's body anywhere near where I was, I'm guessing they already took her but her blood was still all over the floor, my clothes were stained with her blood, and the scene was repeating in my head a million times.

Jackson looked at me a couple times, but from the look of his face he tried to keep all his questions to himself during the walk to the car. I gave him the keys and I hopped in.

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened?" He looked at me and turned on the car

"My cousin, the one who was living in my apartment, she got shot today" I tried to speak as clear as I could. "I don't know how, or who did it"

"Did she tell you anything, before she passed?"

"No" I lied "she was already dead when I saw her"

"I'm sorry.."

I didn't reply to that, most of the times I never know what to reply when people say things like that, So I just stay quiet.

When we arrived at my department I sent a message to vinnie telling him to come to my apartment as soon as possible.

I went to my bathroom and instantly took off my clothes and went to the shower to wash off the blood. Once I finished I put on some clothes I found on my closet. Since I didn't fully moved all my clothes from here to vinnie's house. When I walked out of my closet Jackson walked in with a cup.

"I made you some tea" he gave me a soft smile.

"Thanks" I took a sip after he handed it to me. Both walked out of my Room, I put the cup of tea in the counter top of the kitchen "I don't want to sound mean or anything but I think you should go home, I need some time to myself" we stood a couple steps away from the elevator door.

"Avery, I know this is not the time for this but" he sighed "I really like you"

Oh my god, not now. This is too much for me.

"I really like you and..." he scratched the back of his neck "I barely see you now, you suddenly call me today telling me to pick you up at this place, and since the first day I saw you, I fell for you"

"Jackson-" he interrupted

I was frightened I didn't really know what I was going to say, but I didn't see this coming at all. Or maybe I did.

"I would do anything for you, Avery. I don't care if I have to fight your boyfriend or whatever he is, but I want you in my life" He leaned towards me and lifted my face a little, I couldn't even make another expression other than confused. He gave me a long peck, I didn't even close my eyes at all. He pulled away with his finger still on my chin.

I heard the elevator opening and quickly got all my senses together, I saw vinnie walking in and confusedly standing in front of us.

"Bye, Avery" Jackson said and walked past vinnie giving him a look, vinnie didn't even bother to look at him, his eyes were on me, he is probably murdering me with his sight right now. Once we heard the elevator door closing. He approached me.