Chapter 29

[Author note: in this chapter ONLY, I will be switching points of view constantly so y'all can  see the scenes from different perspectives.]

The next day I woke up in maddy's guest room, his absent presence was noticeable. I went to the bathroom and my eyes couldn't be more swollen for crying all night, I washed my face and put on a bit of makeup to dissimulate but I still looked like a frog.

I heard a knock.

"Come in" I said leaving the bathroom.

"Hey.." I saw Maddy "how are you feeling" I shrugged.

"Can you go with me to find an apartment or somewhere to stay?"

"Sure, I'll wait for you downstairs" she turned to leave

"Maddy.." I called her and she turned to see me "can you stay here" my voice cracked and the feeling of a lump in my throat came back. Maddy came to hug me and I burst out crying.

"I'm so sorry" she said "he doesn't deserve you"

"Is there something wrong with me?"

All this situation made me feel like there was something not okay with me, people always end up betraying me, staying away from me, do I scare away people? Why can't someone just be for me just the way I am for them.

"There's nothing wrong with you, Avery" she consoled me "you're perfect just the way you're"

"If so, why did he do this to me" I sobbed

"Because his fucked up mind told him to get information in the easiest way possible"

"I hate him, I never want to see him again" i shook my head.

"Calm down, do you want some water?" She asked and I nodded "I'll be right back" she pulled away and left the room.

Vinnie's p.o.v

The moment avery told me she hated me and she wishes she has never met me, my whole world turned down, I fucked up and I don't know if there's a way to fix this. After years I tried to find someone who could actually make me happy, not even my ex would make me feel the same way I feel for Avery, what the fuck happened with me, I was so invested in getting that information, it was my fault Avery and Maddy almost died, and all for what, the information she gave me lead to nothing but lies. When I saw the anger, disappointment, and sadness in her eyes I wanted to go back in time and never do what I did. I followed her to our house but she was so mad she left with a suitcase, I can't let her go, I couldn't let her go but she still left.

Seconds after she left with Maddy I saw Kio walking in and coming upstairs right away.

"Dude... I'm so sorry" he said "what can I do for you"

"Nothing, is not like you're going to convince her to come back right?" I looked down

"You should give her some space, put yourself in her shoes, and think how would you feel if that would've happened to you" he put his hand on my shoulder

"I would've went crazy and kill whoever was with her" I didn't even want to think if that would've happened instead. I can't see her with other person that is not me. She's mine and no one else's.

"Leah is dead" I heard him and I couldn't be happier. "Three shots, one of them right in the heart" I looked at him

"Good, drop the body at her parents" I demanded and he nodded