Chapter 27

Two weeks later and the day we had to go to court finally arrived. Vinnie and i made plan that of course was a total lie, if they know vinnie kidnapped me, he is going to jail and nobody want's that to happen. I told vinnie that we're not paying anybody to win the case but we should to it in the most natural way possible, he agreed.

The whole past two weeks the news of be being kidnapped and my parents suing vinnie were all over the place.

We arrived at the court and I saw all the paparazzis outside trying to take pictures of us.

"Why are there paparazzis" I looked at him

"Did you forget that I'm literally a recognized businessman that nobody knows is literally a gangster also self made billionare?"

"Right... I forgot" I giggled

"Are you ready to go inside?" He asked and I nodded

The security opened the door and vinnie took my hand and helped me to hop out of the car. The flashing lights hit my face as soon as I got out.

"Avery, is it true that you pointed a gun to your father's head" I heard a woman's voice next to me as we were walking
"Vinnie why did you buy your girlfriend from her father" I heard another voice and questions that weren't even true were brought.

The 1 minute long walk to the front door was literally a 3 minute because of all the people around us.

Once we were inside our lawyer was waiting for us while checking some files.

"The session will start in 5 minutes, please get ready" he said

Vinnie turned around facing me

"Are you ready to give your declaration?" He asked me

"Yeah, I'm just a little nervous" I admitted

"Everything will be fine."

" I hope so, I bet my parents will lie a little bit too so I don't know what to expect"

"We got this" he kissed my forehead

"How many years of jail would he get if we lose?" I asked the lawyer

"20 years or more, it really depends" he said

My heart in that moment started beating really fast at the thought of loosing vinnie.

The five minutes passed and the doors of the session room opened. We walked in and sat in the left side in front of the judge. I saw my parents walking in, my mom looked at me with an straight face and my father didn't even bother to see me.

The session started and my father was the first one to declare. Our lawyer started asking questions.

"Mr. Bechtel, where were you the day of the incident" our lawyer spoke

"Well, it was late night, I don't know the time being honest, but I was at home with my wife and daughter"

"Can you tell me how did this incident happen, as I heard, you and Mr. Hacker knew each other before, is it correct"

"Yes, I met him because I liked to play poker and we used to play all the time"

"Is it true that you didn't have enough financial support to maintain your family that's why you started playing poker"

"Yes, well not like that" he cleared his throat "I've always liked it, I lost all my money playing it, but sometimes I used to win a lot"

"Good, is it true that you offered your daughter as part of your debt to Mr.Hacker, after you lost the game"