Chapter 26

I opened my eyes and found myself in a hospital room, I saw vinnie talking on the phone and walking from one place to another, probably doing some business stuff. I tried to seat but the pain in my stomach was very intense I couldn't really move my body.

".... I'll call you back later" Vinnie noticed I woke up and walked towards me. "Let me help you." He said and helped me to seat "thank god you woke up."

"Where's Maddy" was the first thing coming to my head.

"She's good, she's at her house" he sat next to the gurney. I nodded in response

"I'm sorry"  I said and he sighed

"Why did you do it, Avery... you knew the risks"

"It was a panicking moment okay?, and I was scared they would do something to you"

"You know I can take care of myself, I don't need you to take care of me" he raised his voice "now you see what happened to you?" I frowned

"I wasn't going to let you die just like that, you don't think I got scared when those guys sent me a phone saying this and that and that if I don't give them this amount of money they'll kill you" I raised my voice too and the pain in my stomach increased

"Do you think I was going to let them kill me?!, you were tricked, and Maddy knew that, I don't know why she didn't stop you"

"She warned me but I didn't care"

"Of course you didn't, what if they would've killed you, huh?!" He said and I didn't give a response because I didn't have one "you think I would've been able to live without you?"

"And what about me, i ask the same thing, what if they would've killed you"

"You would've moved on, and be out of this sick environment, that's what I would do If I were you"

"You know what.. I don't have time to argue" I said And he buffed

"I'll go bring something to eat" he stood and left the room.

My eyes started getting watery, seconds later I had tears all over my cheeks. Why can't he understand the only thing I wanted, was this whole thing to end.

I heard a knock in my door and looked up to see Leah bringing balloons and a cupcake. I instantly wiped my tears and smiled at her.

"Can I come in?" She asked and i nodded "I brought you a cute detail" she smiled

"That's so sweet of you Leah, you can put it there" I pointed at the night stand

"I hope you're feeling better" she sat where vinnie was minutes before

"Thank you.." I said and she took my hand

"Is it painful?" She asked referring to my stomach

"Yes, very..." she nodded "have you seen Maddy?" I asked

"Yea I went earlier to her house, she's doing great, I don't know exactly what happened to her but she's not injured at all"

"Thank god" I closed my eyes

"Why were you crying?" She asked me and I looked at her "is everything okay?"

"Just... a dumb fight with vinnie, he said some hurtful things that I wasn't expecting at all" I shrugged.

"Hm... you know in my opinion, I think you should break up with him" I frowned

"Why do you say that?" I cleared my throat

"I mean, your relationship isn't that good I've noticed, you guys fight most of the time and make it up with sex, you think that's a healthy way to keep a relationship?"