Chapter 35

It's been two weeks since I moved into vinnie's house. I've seen Aisha a couple times this two weeks. Jackson noticed too much people were coming to my house so he sent me a text if everything was okay and that he noticed there was a lot of movement around, I explained him that they were some of my cousins friends from college visiting, so he doesn't have to worry about anything.
I opened my eyes and looked at my phone.

11:35

FUCK. My mom asked me to pick up rowan to take her to her doctors appointment and I'm late. Vinnie and I stayed up late night, I told him if I wake up late, it was going to be his fault.

I sprinted to the bathroom.

"Love, come back to bed" I heard him from the bathroom.

"Vinnie, I'm late to pick up rowan" I turned on the shower and did my thing.

Once I finished to get ready as fast as possible i got out of the bathroom and vinnie was still in bed sleeping.

"I'm leaving, I'll se you later" I reached and leaned to kiss his cheek, he lifted his hand up and caressed my cheek. I pulled away and left the room.

I picked up rowan from school, and drove to the doctors appointment. When we walked in I approached to counter.

"Avery?" The guy in the counter looked up

"Jackson?!!" He caught me off guard "what are you doing here?"

Such an stupid question, I know.

"I work here, this is my mom's office" he said and I raised my brows surprised "she's a pediatrician" he said

"Right... I see why my mom brought rowan here then" I tried to lower my voice.

"Yeah, actually I need you to fill up some papers while I take her temperature and everything." He stood passing me the papers. He said hi to rowan and we followed him to an small room.

"I need you to help your sister out a little bit" I said "are you allergic to anything?"

"Not really, I don't think so" she said and I filled up the space

"When's your birthday?" I tried to whisper but sadly jackson heard.

"You don't know your sister's birthday?" He laughed "damn."

"Long story, I just met her two weeks ago" I stood at the door. "I didn't know I had a sister."

"Wow.." he said taking Rowan's temperature. "That must have been really hard"

"Shocking, yeah"

After we finished with Rowan's doctors appointment, jackson asked if I wanted to get something to eat with him, and since rowan was hungry and I didn't eat anything before I left the house, I accepted. Each one drove separately to the restaurant. When we arrived it was a cute restaurant with outdoor tables, so we sat in one of them.

Jackson and I were having a fun conversation, while we were waiting for our food, and rowan was playing with my phone and watching videos. I heard a message notification and rowan handed me my phone. It was a message from vinnie.

"Where you at?"

                    "Having lunch with rowan"