Chapter 41

Two weeks passed since we got back from Hawaii, I've tried to not mention anything about her or related to her death in front of vinnie, however Maddy is investigating some things for me to find out who is behind all of this.

I went to my apartment to take some clothes and finish filling up the closet at vinnies house also because I need to wear the things I already have. Before coming to my place I passed by the store to buy some cleaning supplies and clean around. I take the two bags I had with the supplies and I leave the car to walk into the lobby. I see jackson walking in by the corner of my eyes and I tried to speed up and act as if I didn't see him.

"Avery?" I hear his voice behind me.

Fuck...

I turn around Faking a smile

"Jackson... what a coincidence" i fake giggle and he approaches me.

"How are you doing?" He asks and I walk towards the elevator. "You know with everything.."

"I'm doing good, thanks for asking" I nod "how's your mom, it's been a while since I don't see her"

"She's good, she's in Florida right now supporting some charities" he clicked the number of my apartment "do you mind if I come in?"

YES.

"No, you're good. You're always welcomed" I'm trying to be nice, but since he kissed me and confessed his feeling is just awkward. He's very sweet and he's a handsome guy, but I'm in a relationship and I love vinnie. This whole thing just makes me so eh.

I walked into my apartment and he followed me, I put my bags on my coffee table .

"I know this might sound weird but, I bought you something" he said "I went to buy some stuff and I saw a button up that I thought might look good on you, I've seen you wear them a couple times" He hands me a small bag with a little card in it.

"To Avery, love Jackson" I read out loud and I smile "thank you" I took the shirt out of the bag and it was a pink stripped button up.

"Try it on" he said

I went to my room and took off my shirt to put on the button up. I walked out and he smiled when he saw me.

"You look exactly how I thought you would look, gorgeous"

"Thanks" I give him a soft smile.

I hear a notification popping up on my phone and it check it. It was a message from vinnie

"I'm 5 minutes away from your apartment"

Oh god help me, he can't know that Jackson is here or was here.

I sighed

"Jackson, I don't wanna sound mean or anything but, vinnie is 5 minutes away and I don't want any kind of problem with him" I explained

"Oh..." his expression changed "it's okay, I'll see you soon?"

"For sure"

"Bye Avery" he walked to the elevator

"Bye..."

He left and I started cleaning the living room, I heard the elevator opening, I didn't need to see who it was because I already knew.

"I'm here" I heard vinnies voice

He sat on the couch while I finished cleaning my coffee table. I stood and he took my arm and carefully pulled me against him, I get on top of him and Lean a little bit to smash my lips against his, his lips were soft and warm, they parted slightly allowing my tongue to slip inside. I leave small kisses from his lips to his neck while playing his his hair. He squeezed my hips and felt his hands running up my back.