Chapter 34

The next day after dropping off rowan I drove to my apartment. I woke up to vinnie being almost in the floor while rowan was literally taking all the space, even if his bed was big enough for the three of us. I haven't had time to tell Maddy about my sister so I'll call her later to tell her.

As I was leaving my car I heard someone running next to me, I quickly looked next to me and it was jackson.

"God you scared me" i put my hand on my chest.

"Morning miss avery" he said charismatically.

My friendship with Jackson was building, I invited him to my house a couple times to drink something or simply talk about our days, and hare funny moments but that was all.

"Good morning" i said.

"How is your day going?" He opened the door that separated the lobby and the parking lot.

"Started off really good, what about you?"

"It was good, you know basic boring day" he shrugged "actually now that you're here, would you like to maybe get brunch? Or something" I noticed he was playing with his fingers.

"I would love to buuut... I have a lot of things to do, if you want you can make something or just make something to eat for both of us?"

"Bet" he pushed the elevator button.

Once we were inside of our apartment he went to the kitchen to check what I had in my refrigerator.

"You need to go to the grocery store" he closed it taking some stuff.

"I went yesterday!"

"Well... then I don't know what to tell you. I'm going to make spaghetti Alfredo because it's fast and easy." he looked for the pasta in the pantry.

"Whatever you want." I raised my hands.

"Cute flowers by the way" he smiled "who you got them from?"

Did he really have to ask.

"My ex boyfriend" I sighed. We never got the chance to talk about our relationships, yes we talked about us but only us not like other things.

"Is he the guy from the other day?" He began cooking.

"Yeah, it's complicated."

"Tell me what is so complicated about it, I have time to listen."

I walked to the refrigerator and took the bottle of wine I had there

"Wine?" I asked

"Was it really that complicated you had to take your bottle of wine?" He joked and I nodded

"So we met and we didn't really have too much in common at first" I explained pouring some wine. I was trying to find a way to explain it like a good way with no lies and also a good not real story? Whatever. "So we used to fight a lot even when we were nothing, so then I got with him and lived together" I gave him a glass of wine "I found my childhood best friend in the streets being a prostitute, I took her home and she fucked my man, I kicked her out, and now she's somewhere in peace, living her best life." I tried to not sound too sarcastic with my last words.

"I don't think he loves you then, if he cheated on you with your best friend." He looked at me "why would someone who loves you do something like that."

I wish he could understand, but how do I explain it to him without explaining it.

"I don't know" I said with a low tone.

"You deserve better, Avery. Someone who cares deeply about you and your feelings." I look at him with a curious face expression but he didn't notice.