Episode 20: Victory or Defeat

((Note: I need to start packing. Let’s do this!))

Both Gaku & Shinso started to walk on the cemented stage.

Present Mic: The first match of the first round of the finals tournament. From the hero course, it’s Gaku Yaoyorozu! Versus—From general studies, it’s Hitoshi Shinso! The rules are simple. Force your opponent out of bounds, or immobilize them! You can also win by making your opponent say, “I give up!”

Shinso: “I give up,” huh? This is a fight to test the strength of your spirit. If you know what you want for your future, then you can’t worry about appearances.

Present Mic: Ready…

Shinso: That monkey was going on about his pride…

Present Mic: Start!

Shinso: …but don’t you think he was dumb for throwing away his chances?

Gaku: No. He is smart enough to play it smart & safe. Rather than be dumb enough to have this opportunity… slip away.

Shinso: I win.

Gaku then shoot both Shinso's knees, causing him to be on them. Ojiro let outa breath of relief. Gaku carefully walked towards him, as Shinso is immobilized & shocked to see why his Quirk didn’t work on him.

Shinso(Mind): Why…? Why didn’t my Quirk  work on him?

Gaku: Hey.

Shinso started to look up, but when he look at his stomach, there was blood on his left side. Shinso finally look at Gaku, holding a blood shaped gun.

Gaku: You made a dumb choice.

Present Mic(Offscreen): Gaku Yaoyorozu… Yaoyorozu or…

Writer(Offscreen): Yaoyorozu. Not yet at least…

Present Mic(Offscreen): Ok. Gaku Yaoyorozu! Quirk: Blood! He can control his blood into anything he choose. He can even heal his own wound.

Present Mic: Hey, Eraser Head. Didn’t you said the entrance exam wasn’t rational?

Aizawa: Yes. Here’s some basic data on the two of them.

Present Mic sees Aizawa holding the basic data of Gaku & Shinso.

Aizawa: Since it’s individual matches from here on out, I had someone compile it for me. Since he also applied for general studies, he probably knew that would happen. His Quirk is very powerful, but the practical exam consisted of fighting faux villains. That gave an advantage to those with physical attacks Quirks.

Aizawa then look at Gaku & Shinso.

Aizawa: Shinso wouldn’t have been able to rack up any points with his Quirk.

Gaku then squat to Shinso level.

Shinso: Why?

Gaku: 1. Your hypnosis Quirk does work when they talk. However, if the victim feels pain before, during, or after, it won’t work. 2…

Gaku turn his gun into a hook sword, hook the back of Shinso’s neck, & pull him close to see his Yandere stare(without the crazy smiled).

Gaku: Dogs will bite those who provoked them during their meal. Your next words carefully, you choose. Are you smart enough to say those words, or dumb enough to try & provoke me?

Without any other choice, Shinso then sighed out of defeat.

Present Mic(offscreen): Hitoshi Shinso. Quirk: Brainwashing! Answering his question turns on a brainwashing switch in his opponent’s brain, forcing them to do what he says. If he doesn’t want the Brainwashing switch to turn on, it won’t!