Episode 50: End of the Beginning, Beginning of the End

((Note: 1 more episode left. Let’s do this!))

At the Metropolitan Police Department, they are reviewing the events.

Police Official #1: The Nomus we captured are the same as those from before… They do not have human reactions, & we are not likely to acquire new information from then. The warehouse where they were kept has been blown away, so all we can do is continue our investigation on their manufacture.

Head of Department #1: We haven’t gotten more personal information about them from the bar either, right?

Police Official #1: We are currently investigating.

Head of Department #2: Even if we were able to capture most of them, we let all the perpetrators, including Shigaraki, escape. Even if we were to grade ourselves really easy, we only got away with a draw due to injury.

Head of Department #1: Idiot. We traded in the Symbol of Peace. All Might’s weakened body has been exposed to the world, & there is no longer a Symbol of Peace & Order that will never be defeated. Not for the citizens, or for the villains.

Head of Department #3: That’s what happens when we rely on two people.

Head if Department #1: Everyone realized that you can get this far just by gathering a bunch of idiots. That scares me. From our initial profiling,  the principal offender, Tomura Shigaraki, was even said to throw childish tantrums. The more plans he comes up with, the more circuitous they become. They’ve become ways for him to see how he can affect society. His thought process has matured. & now, All Might has been taken down, & there are less checks on people’s actions than before. Each time the League fails, they become stronger. & he’s left with the means to expand their sphere of influence.

Head of Department #4: Are you saying that this was part of their plan?

Head of Department #5: Is that just hindsight?

Head of Department #1: I don’t know. The only thing I can say for sure is that we must capture them. We police have no time to sit around being called the “villain reception.” Something needs to change.

Meanwhile
In a hospital, Toshi & Kuduo are getting checked up.

Toshi: The embers inside me have gone out. The Symbol of Peace is dead. However—There is still something that I must do.

Gran Torino: Tomura Shigaraki. Shimura’s Grandson, huh…?

Tsukauchi: That’s just what All For One said, right? That’s not very much to go on. The three of you didn’t have any interactions with this Shimura’s family?

Gran Torino: No…

Tsukauchi: Why not?

Gran Torino: Shimura’s husband was killed, so she put her child in foster care to keep her child away from the hero world. She told Toshinori & me that she didn’t want us to have any contact with the child even if the worst were to happen to her.

Tsukauchi: So your promise to the deceased backfired… That’s sad.

Toshi then ball up his fist.

Toshi: The blood relationship that my master served for the severed for the sake of peace…! I must find Shigaraki... Find him &…

Gran Torino: No. What’re you planning to do once you find him? You’re not looking at him as a villain anymore. You will definitely hesitate. No matter who he’s related to, he is a criminal. Tsukauchi & I will investigate Shigaraki from here on out.