Episode 33: Listen Up!! A Tale from the Past

((Note: I will take a break from continuing Season 2. I hope I will get this new apartment before the end of 2021. Anyway, let’s do this.))

It was the last day as Izuku is in front of Gran Torino while they were standing outside.

Izuku: It was only a short time, but thank you for taking care of me!

Gran Torino then yawned.

Gran Torino: I don’t feel like I did anything I need to be thanked for. Your internship ended up the way it did, too.

Izuku: No, it was thanks to your instruction in ideas & your continuous sparring with me that I was able to do something even against the hero killer.

Gran Torino use his cane to hit Izuku in his ankle.

Izuku: Ow…!

Gran Torino: Against a hero killer that wasn’t serious! Well, it was better than if you tried for a single killer shot at 100% & then ended up missing, I guess I should say. But that arm had stress fractures, didn’t it? At the last minute, you went over the permitted 5% limit. You still strain yourself in your impatience, & when you lose focus, your control wavers. You must always be alert & calm. I’m sure you already know this, but if you want to become a great hero like All Might, then you still have a lot to learn.

Izuku: Yes, sir!

Gran Torino: See you around.

Izuku: C-Can I ask you o-one last thing? I thought it was rude, so I never got a chance to ask… I could never find a good time for it, but…

This is getting Gran Torino angry.

Gran Torino: Hurry up! I want to eat taiyaki!

Izuku: Even though you’re really strong & even trained both All Might & Blue Shogun, the name “Gran Torino” is almost u-unknown… Is there a reason for that?

Gran Torino: Oh, that’s because I was never interested in working as a hero.

Izuku: What?!

Gran Torino: I had a goal in the past that required me to be able to use my Quirk freely. That was the only reason I got my license. It’d be better to hear more about this from Toshi—I mean, All Might. Expect more from him.

Izuku: All Might…

Gran Torino: That’s all! Be well!

Izuku: Yes, sir! Thank you very much! Excuse me!

Gran Torino then nodded as Izuku then headed to the station.

Gran Torino(Mind): The Greatest hero, huh…? You’re completely different in appearance & personality, but he certainly is just like you, Toshinori. If only I see how your son is, Miles. Still… those two have a bond that was built to help each other in anyway. The man chosen by my sworn friend… & the one that man chose to inherit One For All…

Gran Torino: Kid!

Izuku then turned to Gran Torino as he standing there confused.

Gran Torino: Who are you?

Izuku: You’re asking now?! Um, well… I’m Izuku Midor—

Gran Torino: That’s not it, is it?

Izuku: Huh…?

Izuku then understood what he meant.

Izuku: I’m Deku!

Gran Torino: & your friend…?