2/Study trip.

Josephine

One month later, middle of september.

This entire month of September has been crazy, I've been going to the 'library' all the time when every week Mercy and I would go out to eat or hangout at the park. I've been to her house twice but she just stayed in her living room only for about a hour because I didn't want get too comfortable when I couldn't be there long. We've gotten so close, we've learned a lot about each other even though I haven't told her a lot of personal stuff, she knows things I love and things I enjoy. She's trying to have me hangout with her today but I need to go the library to study for a upcoming test next week, I always study ahead.

"Alright talk to you later, bye mom." I say putting my phone in my backpack and adjust my Pink dress and my jean jacket. I have my hair in a high ponytail curled today. Still dressing as usual even though Mercy tried to have me try on skinny jeans, which I've never tried on before but I refused to try them on. My father told me I could never wear those ever, but I somehow still own a few pairs of plain ones.

As I'm walking to the library with my backpack on my back and a book in my hand, I notice in the parking lot next to it, a group of guys are just working on cars. Racing up and around the circle. I just stand there acknowledging every little detail about it. My dad's been big on cars and so has my Uncle. They've always taken to me to car shows with them and my dad and I watch this car racing show every sunday after church. It's just our thing and it's always been something I've been interested in.

"See something that caught your eye?" Hero asks leaning against the tree next to me that shocks me out of my daze. "Yeah, actually."

"There working on their cars for a race and practicing I guess." He walks over to me. "That is what interested you?" Hero and I've talked a few times in school, just I've given him answers but he always makes fun of me and is just a dick for no reason. I wouldn't consider us friends, I personally don't like him much at all but he always somehow bothers me. "Yeah, actually it is what interested me."

"On your way to the library, I see." he taps the book in my hand moving closer to me. "Yeah if you couldn't tell." I fake smile. "So tell me now, why are you interested to see what my friends and I are doing here in this parking lot. I'm interested to know." He smirks leaning against the tree again. "Well Hero, working on cars, racing with cars, and pretty much everything involving a car and such on that topic interests me. I've always been into cars actually, so that is why it is interesting to me." I nod and begin to walk away to get to the steps of the library. He quickly gets in front of me and I sigh. "Really?"

"That surprises you right? That the pastor's daughter would be interested in races and cars, huh?" He laughs and shakes his head. "Kinda, I wasn't expecting you to actually be interested in something like this, it's something we do around here and knowing the things you like I guess, this doesn't seem like something you would be interested in." Why does he keep saying that? "Well it is, I'm on my way inside now." I say and start to walk away before he runs in front of me, "Want to come drive?" He asks which catches off me guard. I laugh, "No thanks, by the way, the rotators on the red car needs fixed." I smile and walk inside the library without looking back.

As I'm studying, Mercy texts me. "Tomorrow is friday, and bitch I want you to come stay over!" I shake my head and laugh to myself. "You're insane." 

"Call me." she says. "I'm at the library, I can't." I pull my hair out of the ponytail and let the curls wave out and take off my jacket leaving me in my dress with spaghetti strings, which I'm not allowed to show my shoulders. Great, I don't care.

"Fine, but could you pretty please ask your mom! I'll have my mom text yours I don't care I just want my best friend to sleepover for the first time ever and for it to be a fucking blast."