54/ New years new us.

Josephine

Friday

"So we're just staying here for new year's eve?" I ask as I'm doing my makeup in the mirror in his bedroom. It's five and the new year's eve party is about to start. Our christmas break so far has been nothing but boring. Christmas was a mess and I haven't seen my father since. Mercy, I don't know what she's doing or where she's at.

I also haven't seen or heard from Jack. Not that I care, just last time we saw him Hero knocked him out cold. "Have you seen Jack?" I ask and he looks at me as he's putting his ripped jeans on. "Why? You want to see him or something." he says rudely zipping his jeans.

"No, I don't care about him. Just last time we saw him he was knocked cold on the floor, just wondering if he's at least alive." I say and Hero's eyes go wide. He laughs, and then looks at me serious. I'm scared a little, by the way he's looking at me. "He's alive." he says.

"Okay.." I say slowly adjusting my black bodycon skirt and then my white long sleeve fitted shirt. I finish curling my hair as he just lays on the bed and then we hear music blasting. "That's our que, let's go." he jumps up adjusting his black t-shirt. "Let me put my shoes on." I say sitting down on his couch and tying my shoes. "You live here, just walk in your socks."

"Why do you have your shoes on then?" I question and laugh continuing tying my shoe. "Because I can." he says and I stand up. "I am not about to argue with you over me wearing shoes." I say and open his bedroom door and he follows.

"Hero, Jo! My favorite couple!" Alex says hugging us at the same time and Hero makes an awkward face and I laugh. "You're already hammered." Hero says.

"It's new years!" Alex yells and some people walk through the door. "Here FT!" he hands him and beer and Hero pops it open. "I'll make you a vodka drink Jo, I know you don't usually drink beer-" he begins and I place my hand out to stop him. "I'll make my own drink, thank you." I say and he throws his hands up and grabs the pizzas from the pizza guy at the door.

Hero follows me as I get a sprite out of the fridge and mix it with some vodka. Beer, I've never had it but it seems nasty. It doesn't seem as good as a vodka or regular alcohol drink. "Glad you never let anyone give you a drink." he says and I nod. "I wouldn't even let you." I say and he raises his eyebrow at me.

"And why not?" he asks leaning against the counter as I take a sip of my drink. "You spiked a girls drink before, remember?" I say and he tenses up and lets out a deep breath. "I regret and you won't ever let me live past that won't you?" he questions running his hand through his hair.

"You should of never done that."

"I know, I'd never do it to anyone else, especially fucking you." he says.

"I'm just saying, I always will get my own drink." I say and Issac put out the rest of the appetizers. Fruit bowl, hot dogs, dips, chips, some chocolate covered pretzels, some burgers. The pizza is here too and wow there is 10 pizzas.

"Holy pizza." Hero says and I lean against him.

"I love you." I say and he looks at me. "I love you too." he says quietly and walks away, I look at him walk to the living room and say hi to a bunch of people, they all laugh and I have no clue who these guys are. I stand there, by myself. "He mad?" Alex asks unboxing the pizzas.

"I guess." I lean against the counter. "Need any help with anything?" I ask.

"Can you go downstairs and get more drinks and bring them back up here? I have cases of beer and pop I forgot to grab." he asks and I nod. "Sure." I say.

I walk around the kitchen and down the hallway and look at Hero in the corner of my eye and his eyes go wide.

He bolts towards me as I go to open the basement door and he pushes back against the door. "What are you doing?" I ask.