22/She feels much better.

Josephine

"Yeah I don't even know why I'm grounded." I cross my arms telling Mercy outside of school.

"So you walked in, she was upset and said you were grounded and don't argue." she laughs.

"Correct." I say adjusting my orange and white flannel over my long sleeve white top. "Your outfits cute by the way." Mercy says and I smile. "Thanks Merc, so is yours." she puts her hand to her mouth. "Don't make me blush." she says and we both laugh.

"Hey guys." Jack says coming up to us. "Jack you always steal Jo off of me." Mercy says and flicks his arm.

"Shit, I didn't do nothing!" he says and I laugh. "Hey." I smile and he kisses me and places his arm around me. "Hey guys!" Hero walks over. I roll my eyes, "Haven't talked to you in a while." Mercy gulps turning to him pushing her brown hair behind her ear. Hero rubs the back of his neck, "Well maybe because I moved away from you?" he laughs.

"Why do you have to be such a dick all of the fucking time." she pushes at his chest and his asshole expression drops quickly into worried and he grabs her wrists. "Alright, stop." he says and she places her hands down. "Don't tell me to fucking stop." she yells. "Mercy.." I say and she looks at me. "No Jo, he's blaming me for the reason he left! I was, or am going through all the same shit as you Hero, don't make this any worse then it has to be." she yells and he places his hands on her shoulder. "Mercy." he grits.

"No! I don't give a fuck anymore! You move into a frat house as a fucking senior to forget all of your problems well news fucking flash Hero, all of your problems and issues are still fucking there and are still going to be there if you keep running the fuck away from everything!" Mercy yells and he looks around. "So don't be a fucking dick. I'm going through the same shit as you." she adds and pushes at his chest again and walks away.

Jack and I are just staring at him and so is everyone outside. "Fuck." Hero mumbles and busts open the school doors and goes who knows where.

"Shouldn't you go find Mercy?" Jack says turning to me and I look around. "Class is gonna start soon, I should look for her but she'll come back around." I say and the bell rings. "Talk to you later?" he says and I nod kissing him and walking into school.

I go into history and Hero's sitting there silent. Not a word.

I go through the rest of the morning fine and then go the back way on the way to lunch.

I go on my phone to text Mercy to see if she'll be at lunch and I hear someone calling my name. "Jo!" I hear Hero yell and I begin to walk faster. "Jo, come here!" he yells again and I look back at him and then go to turn the corner and he runs in front of me. "Why are you ignoring me?" he asks running his fingers through his hair.

"Please, leave me alone." I say.

"What? Jo what is this about?" he asks and I sigh and he looks around and whispers, "You're different to me Jo-" he begins and I place my hand out to stop it.

"Stop saying the I am different shit, I can't deal with that stupid ass lie." I breath.

"Lie?" he laughs.

"Yes, it's bullshit and I don't-" I begin and then stop myself.

"You don't what?" he pins his lips together.

"Nothing. Just stop following me, stop texting me. Just stop." I say and push past him and make my way to lunch.

I go through the rest of my day smoothly, but I kept taking glances at Hero during lunch and he wasn't talking to his friends. I don't know what his problem is.